❛𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐎𝐈𝐂𝐄❜

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆

3rd Person POV

In the distance she saw someone who she knows- Lee Rang. She rushed towards him and by the time she reached, he started to walk away.

She kept calling his name and telling to stop but it was as if he couldn't hear her. She kept on following him, navigating through the crowd. When it looked like she finally caught up to him, he was disappearing in a corner.

After what felt like forever she finally caught up to him. She tapped his shoulder while breathing heavily. It felt as if she ran a marathon, but she had only walked for what seemed like five minutes.

"Rang, God I kept calling you why were you ignoring me?"

"First of all," he said and shrugged Hye Jin's hand off of his shoulder. "Don't touch me. And second why would I stop to listen to you?"

"What? Aren't me way ahead of this kind of conversation?" Hye Jin asked with her brows frowned.

"I have no idea what you're saying and I simply don't care. Now if you could please leave me alone." Saying that, he started to walk away but Hye Jin grabbed his arm and yanked him to face her.

"What the hell?!" He yelled.

"Why the hell are you acting like this?"

"Like what?"

"Like you don't know me."

"Well it's because I really don't know you." He said pulled his arm away from her grab. "Stupid humans." He mumbled to himself and started to walk away.

"Rang wait! Rang!" She yelled after him but he didn't stop.

She watched him walk away and she couldn't do anything. She felt her knees buckle and she fell on the ground. She kept on watching him, who was walking away without a backward glance.

He doesn't know you Hye Jin. He said he will know it's you, he promised. But he forgot about you. He broke the promise. He left you alone.

Her inner voice said to her. She shook her head, denying but it did look like it. First he acted as if he didn't know her then he was being rude to her then he suddenly acted kind, as if to play with her emotions and now he's denying ever meeting.

"I at least have Yeon and Ji Ah and Shin Joo.." Hye Jin said to herself.

Are you sure? Ji Ah hates the fact that because of you, she was tricked to think she knows you. While Yeon and Shin Joo hate you for abandoning them. Do you really think they would want you? You hurt every single person who was with you. First your mother, then your father who you still don't know is alive or dead. Then abandoning Yeon and Shin Joo. And then hurting Rang by loving him and making him controlled by an Imoogi who made him kill you for which he blamed himself. And the fact that you left him for years to be alone. And then Ji Ah who had her memories altered just for your sake. Everyone got hurt because of you.

"No I didn't mean to.."

You are the reason for their pain.

"No it's not! It can't be.."

You know it's your fault Hye Jin..

"Yes..." She said almost in a daze. "It's..my fault..."

Yes..it is.

"All my fault."

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆

Hye Jin is unconcious for almost a day, which concerned the three and made them think of the worse.

Few hours ago, Hye Jin's body temprature went down and she started freezing up which sent the three into panic mode. They did everything, from a heater to blackets wrapped around her body to hot towels on her face but the temprature kept dropping.

What they didn't know was that as Hye Jin kept blaming herself for all the terrible things that happened to the people she knew.

Due to that she kept on thinking that they would be happier without her and thinking if she was never born to a human mother and a fox father then her parents would have been alive. She wouldn't have met Yeon and Shin Joo and most certainly wouldn't have met Rang. She wouldn't have been killed by Rang albeit he was controlled and he wouldn't have been living in guilt.

And she wouldn't have been reincarnated to almost do the same thing again. The people who she thought were her parents died, she left her a person who she thought was her sister alone. And now possibly she would get killed again by either Rang or someone else.

A perfect copy of her first life. Was this her destiny? Bringing tragedy from the day she was born? Was this some kind of a curse? Did she have a life before being Byeol where she was the worst being and God was punishing her?

She didn't have answers to them. But she wished she had them. At least life would have been a little better.

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆

Hye Jin didn't notice her surroundings change. She was now in someone's living room. She was still on the floor in the same position she was in before.

She slowly lifted her head to look around. As her eyes laid on the things around the room, she stood on her two feet abruptly. She remembers the place, she would never forget it. The question of how was on the tip of her tongue.

"Hye Jin? Oh my God! Hye Jin!"

Hye Jin could recognise that voice from anywhere, after all she has been hearing it for 25 years. It was her older sister's voice.

Her sister stood in front of Hye Jin in total disbelief. Not being able to wait any longer, Hye Jin rushed to Hyun Joo and wrapped her arms around her, sobbing into her shoulder. She kept on tightening her hold on her thinking that if her hold loosens then Hyun Joo would disappear.

"Hyun Joo!" She sobbed.

"Where did you go Hye Jin! I was searching for you for months. Why did you go off like that." Hyun Joo said squeezing Hye Jin tighter. "Don't ever leave, never."

"I won't! I won't leave you again."

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆

AUTHORS NOTE!

Woah! A lot has happened. Let's just hope she comes to her senses or else she will be trapped there forever.

POSTED: July 22, 2023
EDITED: August 06, 2023
WORDS: 1082