Chapter 1: New Subject

Comenzar desde el principio

"This is Mattheo," Dumbledore said after a moment of silence. His eyes glided across the whispering students, all having something to say about the school's newest subject. "He will be joining our 5th year students." Dumbledore tried to grab their attention, but failed miserably. Mattheo stayed silent as he sat himself on the wooden chair on the stage. The Sorting Hat got placed on his head by Professor McGonagall, and the whole hall went impossibly quiet. Even The Sorting Hat seemed at a loss for words for a while, until eventually a loud, 'Slytherin!', sounded through the hall.

There was a moment of silence. Lorenzo looked at his friends, making eye contact with them one by one. Then he started to clap. Draco looked profoundly confused as he stared at his friend. Theo then joined him, followed by Draco and Blaise, and soon the whole hall was clapping and cheering for the new student. Mattheo rose from his seat, then walked off the stage in an attempt to get put the same way he got in.

"What the fuck did you do that for?" Draco hissed under his breath, leaning over the table to reach Enzo so that he could hear him without drawing attention.

"It's called being nice," Enzo whispered back, "how would you like it if that was you?"

At the same time, Mattheo headed down the middle of the hall, eyes on the exit. Most people, if not everyone, were staring at him as he opened the doors and slid his body through the small gap.

"Who is this boy?" Theo asked, looking at his friends as if they could possibly answer his question. "I have never seen him before," Blaise said with a shrug.

"He looks familiar, don't you think?" Draco said quietly, inching closer to his friends across the table. His friends don't seem to agree, instead they looked at Draco in hopes of an explanation to what he just said. Draco looked around, scanning to see if anyone might be listening to the conversation. "He looks like you know who, when he was younger," he whispered, gaining a soft gasp from his friends.

"Wait, how do you know what he looked like?" Theo asked, leaning back from the intensity of their conversation across the table.

Enzo, Draco and Blaise each look at Theo, eyebrows raised and displeased looks on their faces. "What?" Theo asked, clearly not understanding what was going on.

Once the large doors to The Great Hall were shut, Mattheo breathed out. This must've been the first full breath he's caught since arriving at the school. For hours he'd settled with half inhales, cutting like daggers at his dry throat. He arrived this morning, way before any of the other students. Dumbledore mentioned something about safety, but Mattheo would have preferred to ride the train with everyone else.

He rushed down the halls, looking left and right, trying to memorize his way back to the Slytherin dungeons. He'd been there once, led there by the current head of house, Philip Crooks, but trying to find his way there by himself, seemed way harder than he had initially thought it to be.

He eventually found it, made his way inside and found his dorm room. He had seen his dorm earlier that day, but all of the other beds had been empty, and now they were not.

Trunks were spread out on each bed, some opened, others not. Clothes laid cluttered throughout the room and by the back wall stood cages with owls.

Mattheo had yet to meet his dorm-mates, and he dreaded it dearly.

He let out a sigh as he slowly wandered to one of the windows in the back. He climbed up, finding himself a comfortable seat with an extraordinarily pleasant view. The night sky was lit up with stars, and the moon's bright light filled the dark lake beneath with life.

Mattheo pressed his hand to his heart, feeling how it was beating way faster than ever before. He'd been afraid before, many times actually, but none of those times made him feel as uneasy as he did right now. It's not that he didn't want to come to Hogwarts, because he did. Anything to get away from his house. His father. His life before. But having to constantly put up a parade in order for no one to truly figure out who he was, that was going to be exhausting. His eyes were firmly on the glass window as he tried to slow down his mind. Oh how he hated feeling so little and helpless.

A/N

hello! i have quite a few things to say but at first I just want to clarify that I don't take credit for the characters. The character Mattheo Riddle belongs to Yasmine Amaro and the character Lorenzo Berkshire belongs to babynaomi. Other than that, the characters belong to J.K Rowling, and a few I have most likely made up myself. (in this chapter specifically, the "head of house")

I can't quite believe that the sole reason why I started writing this is because so many of your requested I write something based on my videos on TikTok. I have never finished a longer story before and I cannot promise you this one won't have the same faith that my many other unfinished works have. If you have come here to read about romantic relationships between the characters and "original characters" this story is not for you, as it is based off how I imagine the lives of these Slytherin boys would go if half of them were even real. I am not to say that any of this is "canon" in the fandom, I purely write what I find fun and interesting. I know many people have different ideas as to what these boys look and act like and I cannot, nor will I try to change that. The events of the story will be alongside the plot of Harry Potter, but they most likely won't be very apparent because it simply isn't where the focus on the story lies. Other than that, I guess I just hope you'll enjoy, and be patient with me. I also want to say that I am well aware of how horrible my writing is. I am only just learning. Anyhow, I hope you enjoy the story, and take everything with a grain of salt ;)
(ALSO English is not my first language, and writing these characters to be British is incredibly hard so bear with me)

The text in this author note above is copied directly from ao3, which is why they are a bit confusing, although they do clarify a few things that I hope you will consider before (maybe commenting something). A few of my followers from TikTok requested that I added my story on wattpad for it to be more accessible, so here we are.

Once again, thank you for reading!