𝟬𝟬𝟵. tragedy at hawkins lab

CHAPTER NINE, tragedy at hawkins lab

CHAPTER NINE,
tragedy at hawkins lab.

          SOLANA COLEMAN HAD OTHER PLANS FOR HER SATURDAY NIGHT. This mainly consisted of her staying home...and doing what she knows best—disappearing herself into her studies. Unfortunately, she had other important matters that were a priority.

       If Solana knew that she was going to be pulled into the dark mysteries surrounding her hometown, she would've politely declined Steve's invitation to assist him and Dustin. She didn't want any parts of this. There was too much going on and sadly, there were times when she was lost.

        It felt as though she was living in a fantasy world. At this point, she's just waiting for someone to wake her up, and let her know that she was imagining everything. But, here she is, in the woods walking amongst Steve Harrington and a group of middle schoolers. This is not what she was expecting.

        Dustin Henderson was certain that one of the demogorgons that they encountered was Dart. Lucas Sinclair had a hard time believing him though. Solana Coleman listened as the three young children communicated with one another. It was beyond late, yet they still were on the lookout for the demogorgons.

       "When he's going to molt again?" Max Mayfield inquires. Dustin informed them that Dart molted three times, which only meant that he was going to get even bigger.

      "It's gotta be soon," Dustin announces. "When he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it. And so will his friends."

         Steve speaks up, "Yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats."

        Lucas comes to a halt. "Wait, a cat?" He asks in disbelief. "Dart ate a cat?"

        "No, what?" Dustin shakes his head in denial. "No." Both Solana and Steve knew that he was lying. They knew the truth. That's how they all got tangled up in this mess in the first place.

        "What are you talking about? He ate Mews." Steve responds, nonchalantly. Max looks up at Steve, "Mews? Who's Mews?"

     "It's Dustin's cat." He answers, clueless to the fact that Max and Lucas weren't notified about Dustin's little incident with Dart. "Steve!" Dustin shouts, his eyes wide.

     Solana was becoming a little bit annoyed. They were all wasting time. Her eyes trail over to Steve who wasn't looking at her at first, but when he did, Solana quickly looks away. The tension between them was becoming thick. Luckily for them, nobody else seemed to notice. Steve had nothing to say. Solana behaved recklessly earlier and she could've gotten hurt. Plus, there's also another reason why he doesn't want to talk to her...