Chapter 1

The bus chugged around its daily route filled with passengers sick of the stop  and start motion. One women struggled to answer her phone clearly unaware of how to answer it the first place. Finally she answered the phone only for communication to be difficult due the noise surrounding her. After ten minutes of a very one sided discussion she looked up and immediately recognized the lady sitting across from her.

"Oh my god, I didn't recognize you."

The lady looked up from her pram. "Oh Hi, I didn't see you there. How have you been?"

"I totally didn't recognize you Annie." The sound of the bus made drowned out her friends question.

"How have you been?" She said

"Oh not good been in a car accident"

Annie looked shocked but somehow it appeared that she didn't really seem too concerned. "Are you doing ok?"

"I'm fine love just a bit of a bust'd nose. You are looking really well though."

"Thanks I just moved in to my new house..."

"That's excellent love. I love your hair its very flattering." The woman said cutting her off.

Annie looked out of the window realizing the next stop was hers. She pressed the button and started to gather the pram and her belongings together. Just in time for the stop she got up and stumbled to the front of the bus giving a quick goodbye to the lady.

***

"THAT'S MY STOP, YOU STUPID IDIOT. I CLICKED THE FRICKEN BUTTON AND ALL."

The lady ran to the front of the bus, bus card flailing in her hand.

"I'm sorry I accidently missed it, it happens." Said the bus driver.

"Well you're the bloody bus driver and I'm sorry I assumed you knew what you where meant to be doing. Dumb idiot." She swiped her card and jumped off the bus. The brisk breeze had turned into a wind "Now I have to walk in this fricken cold and have to walk twice as bloody far." She said.