𝐼𝑛 𝑆𝑒𝑐𝑟𝑒𝑐𝑦 (Regulus Black x fem!reader) FINALE

Start from the beginning

It felt as though an eternity had passed before Professor Atticus made the final stop infront of you and Regulus.

"(Name) (Surname) and Regulus Black. What have the two of you settled on?"

"U-um, we decided to brew Sleeping Draught." You said.

His eyes widened and he looked between the two of you. "That's one of the hardest potions to brew for fourth years."

His eyes landed on Regulus. "I hope you're aware of the risk."

"With all due respect, Professor, we wouldn't have chosen this potion if we weren't confident enough in our abilities." Regulus smoothly responded.

"Confidence. I like it. Though I expected nothing less from a prodigy in potionology." The professor laughed.

He motioned to the cauldron. "May I?"

"Of course." You and Regulus said.

You handed him the textbook with the Sleeping Draught information and he accepted, using a ladle to scoop some of the potion into a clear cup. He held it up, observing the midnight blue liquid intently.

"The color is correct," he mumbled.

He brought the potion to his nose and sniffed it and his eyes fluttered, suppressing a small yawn.

"That's why we've been so tired." You mouthed to Regulus.

"Yes. The smoke that emitted and the scent became stronger as the weeks passed. Luckily, the scent only makes you a bit drowsy but doesn't put you into a deep sleep." Regulus mouthed back.

"Lavender scent is correct." The professor mumbled.

"And," he yawned again,"The scent alone is making me a bit tired. I can already tell that this potion is a success. No doubt, the two of you must've worked really hard."

"We did, Professor." Regulus stated.

"For the successful brewing of the only Sleeping Draught potion amongst the fourth years this year, you both pass with perfect scores and a 100 house points are rewarded to Ravenclaw and Slytherin!" He announced proudly.

Clapping resounded through the classroom and Regulus smiled a bit as Barty lightly pat his shoulder.

"Well done, you two." The professor praised before he turned around and made his way back to the front of the class.

You sent Regulus a small smile, eyes shining with relief. He returned the gesture and gave your hand one final squeeze before he released, his hand tingling at his side.
__________________

"See? We did it." Regulus said as you both exited the class.

"We did. Godric, I'm glad that the stress fest is over." You whispered back.

"Regulus."

He turned and saw Barty, his eyes flickering between him and you.

A ghost of mirth reflected in his eyes.

"Come on. We've got quidditch practice, remember?" He reminded.

Regulus nodded. "Right. Right."

He waved a hand. "Go ahead. I'll catch up with you."

Barty's eyes drifted to you and he eyed you from head to toe before he turned and left.

"That's right. The quidditch game between Slytherin and Gryffindor is approaching." You remembered.

"In two weeks, actually. The start of winter." Regulus clarified.

"I take it you'll be there?" He inquired.