“Jesus… You got my baby pictures in here?” Charlie asked as more of a joke, walking over to some filing boxes stacked up in one cobwebbed corner.

“It’s possible,” Hopper told her, although once he saw the corner she was digging through, he hurried to intervene. Charlie furrowed her eyebrows as her uncle gently pushed her out the way, picking up two boxes. She could read the name ‘Sara’ on one and understood, however, she couldn’t see any label on the other. She supposed it was just more of Sara. “Lot of history here.”

Charlie watched him push them deeper into the mess, losing track of them somewhere between the ocean of dust and spider nests. When Hopper turned back around, he didn’t meet her eye, deciding to go and glance over at El instead.

“So, uh… what do you think?” Hopper asked, placing his hands on his hips. El turned her head quickly, as if she didn’t expect to be talked to directly. “It’s a work-in-progress. You know, it’s, uh…” He brushed away some cobwebs from in front of Charlie’s face. “It takes a little imagination, but, uh… once we fix it up, it’s gonna be nice. Real nice.” He took a second, looking between both the girls. “This is your new home.”

Charlie smiled faintly as El turned away from where she’d been looking deeper into the cabin. Her eyes widened and then repeated him. “Home.”

Charlie glanced into her room that stood next to El’s, seeing that that too was covered in more cobwebs, more towers of dust and a whole lot of furniture that was piled in a way that threatened to topple on top of her with one wrong move

Charlie glanced into her room that stood next to El’s, seeing that that too was covered in more cobwebs, more towers of dust and a whole lot of furniture that was piled in a way that threatened to topple on top of her with one wrong move. The living room had been managed to be cleaned up a little, there was at least enough space to move around without falling into a spider’s nest or accidentally tripping into a broken floorboard.

As Hopper busied himself over by the window, Charlie heard a shuffling of footsteps stopping next to her. She turned her head to find Eleven standing by her side, her eyes looking curiously into what would be the blonde’s new bedroom.

“I’ve got some old stuff for you. Like clothes and things,” Charlie told the smaller girl, causing El to look up at her in confusion. “And I’m pretty sure we could find a good color for the walls, a couple lamps, and some posters. I’ll bring some magazines and you can choose.”

“Maga…zines?” Eleven repeated her, turning it into a question.

“Yeah. They’re these book-type things that kind of talk about news,” Charlie explained, but frowned a little. “Well, I guess, it’s not news. It’s more gossip. Rumors. But that’s not what we need from them. There’s posters you can get inside them, they’re of celebrities or movies and they’re pretty wicked. I think you’ll like them.”

“Wicked,” El repeated once more, a small smile reaching her face.

“Yeah, totally wicked,” Charlie nodded in agreement, gaining her own smile.