2 / running

"BLUE." I CALLED OUT, MY FEET CAREFULLY STEPPING FORWARD INTO OUR FOREST. Silence followed before I heard a chirping sound resonate back. Knowing it was her voice, my body willingly stumbled over the muddy soul and ventured towards her.

A line of blue entered my left eye and I turned my head towards it. However, a small sniff betrayed her tactics and I slid to the side before she could pounce of my back.

"You're back," She commented, I stared back silently. "Early," She then added, "Something wrong?"

I hesitated, grimaced, then tilted my head right, "Humans are back, something big is going to happen soon I believe."

"You believe a lot, Sierra. Like how Owen is still going to come back."

I flinched unwillingly, my right hind leg slid backwards to hold my heavying weight. "They collected the white monsters bones."

Blue, now taking this seriously, snapped her eyes on me. "Her? How far will they go until they realise playing creator wont work well for them?"

"Ah," I shakily breathed out, a thought I had been suppressing being brought to surface, "So you think that too."

Blue scoffed, "What else is there to do with a bag of bones? They realise we're worthless and the future is 'genetic dinosaurs'." She momentarily glanced at me, "Like you, I suppose. They all loved you; Owens favourite."

I grimaced at her words but gave out a meek nod. She was right, I couldn't fight that. "They loved you too. All of us."

"...What's done is done." Blue settled on saying, a small way of changing the subject. She was still hung up on our family becoming a duo, while I had accepted their loss and grieved them in a different way. In memory.

Although our differences, me and Blue stuck together. We respected one another as sisters and protected our home with our life. It wasn't hard to get on with her, since both of us had exceeded our siblings with smarts and strength.

"Keep me updated on the situation, come back immediately if you see more humans." Blue said suddenly, she was next to me as we walked back to our cave. I simply nodded in reply. "I don't want to lose you too." She whispered and if not for our close proximity, I wouldn't have heard her.

I closed the gap and our bodies rubbed slightly as we walked, she shrilled sarcastically and leant into my neck before continuing walking a step ahead.

* * * *

IT WAS ONLY A DAY LATER WHEN ANOTHER GROUP OF HUMANS ARRIVED ON A HELICOPTER, Blue had remembered what they had been called, and ransacked the island. They tore apart trees and dug holes in the ground before climbing up the monster mountain — we never learnt the actual name for it except Mount Sibo and Blue agreed with me that it wasn't a good name so we ignored it — and taking test samples.

They left as fast as they came and silence came from the humans the next day. Blue decided that the cave was safe enough to start patrolling with me, safety came in numbers after all. I had no troubles with her joining me, during the boring hours we'd play and practice our fighting and when a uninvited dinosaur came into our territory we'd scare them out together.

"Blue, over there." I stuck close to the ground as I scurried through the long grass towards a strange smell. Blue following my trail.

My nose brought me to a crashed helicopter, I glanced over at Blue to see her in the same confusion. "When did this get here?" I wondered out loud as I patrolled the perimeter.