7

It's been a week since the incident on the track. I left after that, taking a plane home. Marie stayed because she wanted to be there for Pierre, and I didn't want to drag her home with me. If that's what Charles thought about me, then I had no business being there. I could talk to Pierre and Yuki about the website without having to be at the races. It wasn't my place to be there; I thought it would be, but apparently, it isn't.

I have been working non-stop, trying to forget about what happened. The fact that I was alone made it harder. I was determined to go out today. I talked with some of my friends from here, and they agreed to meet at a club tonight. So I was getting ready to take an Uber there.

Night out *story posted*Mariejohnson: You look amazing, babe 😍😍Alexisjustice: Thank you, love ❤️I put my phone in my purse and went downstairs to take the Uber until we arrived at the club

Mariejohnson: You look amazing, babe 😍😍
Alexisjustice: Thank you, love ❤️
I put my phone in my purse and went downstairs to take the Uber until we arrived at the club. I walked in and spotted a table with all of my friends there. I hugged them all, and we decided to order some drinks.

 I hugged them all, and we decided to order some drinks

*stories posted*landonorris: Wild night, I see

*stories posted*
landonorris: Wild night, I see.
Alexisjustice: Definitely.
landonorris: Have fun.
Alexisjustice: Thanks 😘

It was 2 am when my phone started ringing. I didn't look at the caller and picked up.
"Hello,"
"Alexis?" His voice was melting my insides.
"What do you want, Charles?"
"A chance to explain, please."
"I don't want to do this over the phone, Charles, please."
"Then come outside."
"What do you mean?"
"I mean come outside and talk to me, please."
"Fine," I said and ended the call.
I picked up my things and told my friends that I would be right back. At the entrance, there he was, with a suitcase next to him. He was wearing a black t-shirt and jeans, looking amazing as always. He had some dark circles under his eyes, like he hadn't been sleeping much.
"What are you doing here?" I said coldly without looking him in the eyes.
"I wanted to fix things. I messed up. I am so sorry. I don't even know how I could think Max was telling the truth in the first place. I was so scared that he might steal you from me, and as soon as I heard him say those things, I couldn't think about anything else. I am sorry."
"I know we can't trust each other after just a few days, but I spent the night with you, and then I left straight to the airport. It doesn't make any sense. When would I even be able to do that?"
"I am sorry. I wasn't thinking straight," he said, taking my arm.
"You still have to make it up to me. I am going to say goodbye to my friends, and then I will come back, okay?"
He nodded, and I went into the club to tell my friends that I am leaving.

"Alright, do you have a place to sleep?" I asked.
"No, I just got here, and I came straight here. But I have a plane to catch on Saturday evening. I have to go to Maranello for a few days."
"I see," I said, surprisingly sad. I didn't think he would be leaving so soon.
"We have two days, so I was thinking that you could think about doing something while I am here."
"Yeah, I would love to. Let's go to my place. I have an extra room."
"Or we could share a bed," he said, winking.
"Too soon," I said, hitting his arm playfully.
We took an Uber back to my place, and I showed Charles his room. He would have to use my bathroom since we only have two, and one was in Marie's room. We changed and went to sleep. I was having trouble falling asleep; I guess my mind couldn't be still. So, I decided to go check if Charles was asleep yet.
"Are you sleeping?" I whispered when I got into his room.
"No, I can't sleep."
"Do you want to watch a movie or something?"
"Sure, what were you thinking?"
"Need for Speed," I shrugged.
"Sure," he said, making space for me on the bed to sit.
I don't think we watched more than twenty minutes until I fell asleep in his arms. I couldn't help it; I felt so comfortable and safe.

The next morning, I woke up pretty early and went to the bathroom to do my routine. Then, I went and made some breakfast. I wasn't the best cook, so I made some sandwiches. A little bit later, Charles woke up too, and we ate together.
"So, I was thinking maybe we could take a trip to the mountains, and we can spend a night there. Then we can get back here in time for your flight."
"That sounds great. When do you want to leave?"
"I was thinking maybe in about half an hour, so we don't catch traffic."
"Alright, I will go get changed, and we can leave."
I nodded, going to my room to pack some things and get changed.
Half an hour later, we were down in my garage, and I was thinking about which car we should take. I decided on my RS7, as it would be more appropriate for a mountain trip.
"I'm driving this time," I said quickly before Charles could say something. "No buts. I know the way there," I said again when I saw him starting to say something.
"Alright," he said, raising his hands.

We had to get through the traffic in the city, and then we had a short portion of highway and then a simple road. I was making some passes in traffic when I saw Charles holding on. I laughed so hard at that image.
"You're a Formula 1 racing driver. Aren't you used to this kind of stuff?"
"I'm not used to someone else driving like that."
"I'm sorry that I'm a better driver than you."
We both laughed, and then I went on the highway, pushing the limits of the car, racing a little bit with some other cars on the road as well. Charles was panicking most of the time, not knowing that I knew what I was doing. Sometimes, I pushed the pedal a little bit more just to scare him.