Chapter 1

//Case File 200087//
The Life and Death of Princess Amira Sov

Amira looked at the ship her sister Mara and her brother Uldren were boarding along with much of their people. She was going to go on as well, but was waiting for their mother since Mara promised she'd be joining them. But something felt wrong, so Amira stepped back and looked around for their mother.

As she rounded a corner, she found her mother, Osana, angrily pacing. Confused as to why she wasn't packed and on her way to the ship, Amira knocked on the door, making her mother pause. "Mama? What's going on, I thought Mara said that you're coming with us," her voice was full of confusion and it became clear to the mother that her youngest child had been left in the dark.

Her mother stepped forward and engulfed Amira in a hug, murmuring "Oh my darling Amira...I am afraid I will not be joining you three." Amira jolted and shook her head "No no, I refuse to leave you behind. I'll stay with you then!" she insisted. Yet Osana shook her head and smiled sadly, "While I would love nothing more, I have something to ask you my dear."

Immediately Amira nodded, holding her hands, "Whatever it is mama I will do it!" Osana fought back her tears as she cupped her daughter's face, looking at Amiras eyes filled with innocence and tears of her own before speaking "I need you to watch over Uldren my dear. He follows Mara dutifully...but I fear one day it will lead him to his doom."

Amira nodded once again without hesitation before hearing some Awoken announce that the ship would be departing soon. She whimpered as she looked at her mother and threw her arms around her, hugging her tight, tears streaming down her face. Osana hugged her child back tightly, a single year escaping before handing her two journals and an envelope, "In the envelope you will find the truth of all that has transpired here, but regardless of what you read my child, please do not let it estrange you from your siblings. They are lost, Mara most of all. But I believe there are still the children I raised in there. They're just hidden away, okay?" Amira looked confused at this but nodded, sniffling before looking at the journals.

She opened one and saw it was her mothers journal. Osana smiled as she opened it, "In my family, we write everything we have gone through. Our greatest and worst days. And when the time comes, we hand it to the child who will lead the family along with an empty journal." Amiras' head snapped up at this "Wait l-lead?!-" her head spun "-Mother, I can't lead our family, I'm not the right person for this-" Osana cut her off and shook her head "But you are my dear...one day you may even lead our people. Mara is good at honeyed words and pulling strings. That is how she is where she is now. But when the spools of thread and jars of honey are barren, her true colors will show. Besides, you've always been better with people my sweet child." 

As Amira opened her mouth to deny this, the announcement for the ship's departure was announced again and Osana took off her necklace, placing it on Amira instead before she kissed her daughters cheek and softly murmured, "Go on my dear. I believe in you...and I love you."

Amira nodded, tears running down her face again and she kissed her mother's cheek back, letting out a broken "I love you too mama," before running back to the ship. As Amira ran off, Osana leaned against the door frame, her own tears finally falling as she whispered after her innocent daughter, "I believe in you my dear, you have always been a light in my life. Now go be a light for others. I will be with you, always...my little light."

~*~

After Mara finally made a home in the Dreaming City for the Awoken who had stayed, things changed. Mara became the Awoken Queen, with Uldren and Amira as the Awoken Prince and Princess. While Amira had tried and was still trying to do as her mother asked, both Uldren and Mara tended to forget about her existence as a whole. Asking for things became a nuisance to the two siblings and becoming anything more than just a shadow on the wall was viewed as an annoyance.