Chapter 36: The Hidden Bell in the Nine Palace Eight Trigrams Formation

Začít od začátku

She stood up, and a thin mist began to surround them.

Yunran Xuanzun's figure became hazy, and her voice became vague.

Zhong Michu could only see her arguing with someone, holding a slender shadow in her hand.

Even in the mist, Zhong Michu could clearly see the gleaming sword.

Terrified, Zhong Michu took two steps back and when she turned around, she found herself back in the forest.

She continued forward, unsure how long she had been walking. She saw the spiritual beasts nesting ahead, and her spirit relaxed as if she had arrived at a comforting place.

But before she could approach, the spiritual beasts were startled and ran away in all directions.

The air was filled with the flapping of wings from spiritual birds, and the ground was filled with the sound of hooves from spiritual beasts.

It was a chaotic scene.

Zhong Michu caught up with them, puzzled. "Why are you running? It's me."

As she chased after them, the spiritual beasts became even more frightened.

"Don't run away. Master sent my two sisters away, and no one talks to me. Are you leaving too? Why..."

"Just because I grew a pair of horns?"

No spiritual beast listened to her words. They all scrambled to escape from this place.

She stood still, watching their panicked figures. Resentment overflowed from her heart, filling her chest with restlessness.

She shouted in a cold voice, "None of you are allowed to leave!"

As soon as her words were spoken, all the spiritual beasts collapsed to the ground.

A young white tiger cub with dual wings dropped from the sky and landed in front of Zhong Michu.

The white tiger lay on the ground, trembling, and even lost control of its bodily functions.

Zhong Michu, with golden-like eyes and sharp pupils, asked, "Are you afraid of me?"

She looked up at the spiritual beasts scattered on the ground and questioned, "Are all of you afraid of me?"

Confused and enraged, she shouted, "What is there for me to be afraid of?"

As her anger erupted, the white tiger suddenly foamed at the mouth and convulsed.

She was taken aback, never expecting it to turn out like this. Feeling scared, she took a step back, shaking her head. "No, I'm not, I don't want to harm you..."

Seeing the spiritual beasts still crouching on the ground only heightened her fear, and she turned and fled.

She wandered aimlessly, unsure of where to go. When she snapped out of her daze, she found herself standing in the backyard of Hechenxuan.

Winter was approaching, and the weather was gloomy. The golden leaves of the ginkgo trees covered the ground, leaving bare trunks behind.

Voices could be heard from the study. Zhong Michu walked to the entrance but didn't go inside.

She recognized the voices of Ji Chaoling and Yunran Xuanzun.

Her master and mother were arguing about something.

"Sister, what do you mean by placing Dongli beside her?"

"Didn't you want to find someone else to take care of her? Dongli can suppress her and can be trusted. Dongli is the perfect fit."