but as much as beomgyu appreciated her for being that person... this was all so new to him. it all felt too good to be true. he didn't want to get used to this and have her just get up and leave. he didn't want to trust her and have her betray him just like everyone else had.

yet at the same time, he wanted to do exactly that.

he wanted to get used to her taking care of him and he wanted to trust her. so why is it so hard for him?

beomgyu instantly snaps out of his thoughts and is brought back to reality due to the stinging pain on his arm. "sorry..." haeri apologized, dabbing some ointment onto one of his scrapes. "but seriously, gyu... are you okay..?

"because i swear every time i see you, you have some kind of new cut or bruise."

the boy suddenly finds himself becoming extremely interested in his snack yet again and continues munching on it. due to the silence, haeri raises her head to take a quick glance at him, only to see that he is looking around the park and shoving food into his mouth.

it's obvious to haeri that he's doing all of this to avoid her question but she felt as she had already been lenient for too long. if she keeps allowing beomgyu to get out of answering this question, who knows what may eventually happen? and frankly, she didn't want to find out.

"i'm sorry if i'm overstepping some boundaries with all of this but i'm honestly just worried."

at these words, beomgyu finds himself putting down the now empty bag of chips and facing the concerned girl. just tell her, beomgyu. she cares and worries about you. she's told you hundreds of times now so just tell her. the long-haired boy argues with himself.

"it's just..." he bites his lip, clearly hesitant. "they're just from skating. that's all."

haeri sighs at his response causing beomgyu's head to fall and hide behind his hair as much as he can. the two remain silent for a few moments as haeri focuses on opening the box of bandages before she speaks again.

"i find it hard to believe that all of these," she gestures to the numerous marks that cover his limbs, "are from you falling off your skateboard, gyu."

"plus, out of all the times we've gone to the skatepark with the other four, you haven't fallen once yet. if anything, i should be tending to soobin's injuries with how many falls he's had but that's the thing! he doesn't have nearly as many as you, beomgyu. so i'm calling bullshit on what you said."

yet again, nothing. the boy stays silent. however, with his arm still in her hand, haeri feels him beginning to shake as she applies the band-aid onto the scrape. haeri takes a deep breath to calm herself down and mutters an apology, reassuring him that she's not angry with him.

"beomgyu, you can tell me what's wrong, i promise... u can trust me, alright?"

a sob that escapes past the boys sealed lips are what finally break his silence. haeri frowns and slides her hand down his arm, intertwining their fingers. beomgyu slowly rose his head at the action and locks eyes with haeri. the girl felt her heart shatter at the sight of his tear-stained face and staggered breaths.

haeri pulls the shaking male into her embrace, guiding his head to her shoulder, as she tries her best to soothe him. she caresses his back and strokes his hair while patiently waiting for him to recollect himself.

after a few minutes have passed, beomgyu finds himself calming down in the warmth of her embrace and unconsciously scootches closer and returns the hug. "i really want to trust you... i really do." he says, his voice muffled from the girls shoulder. "but right now, i'm not too sure i can..."

"and that's okay. take your time, i'm not going anywhere anytime soon. but i meant what i said, you know that right?" haeri slightly pulls away from the hug so they are both looking at each other and grins. "you can tell me when you're ready and come to me when you need someone. i'll be here, i promise."

beomgyu gives her a small smile before placing himself back in her arms with his head resting on her shoulder. "you can do the same with me." he mumbles into her neck. "i'll be right here too..."

the girls grin widens after hearing his words and wraps her arms around him once again. "thank you, gyu. it means a lot. i'm sure i'll take you up on that offer one day so i hope you can do the same with mine."

they remain in that position for a couple more minutes until they come to a mutual agreement that it was getting late and they should probably start heading home.

the two gather their belongings and throw away their garbage before making their way to the parks entrance where they were to part ways until the next day when they were sure they'd be right back at the park, hanging out as always.

but just as haeri waves goodbye and takes a step in the direction of her home, she feels a slight tug on her bag. turning around, she raises an eyebrow at the long-haired boy whose hand is wrapped around the handle of her bookbag.

he slowly releases his grip and reaches for his nape. "um, haeri... do you think i could stay at your house for the night..? maybe..?"

we're finally getting somewhere?!?!? no way!!! after 19 chapters!?!?
sorry for the long wait but hopefully this was satisfactory enough lol

thank you for reading once again!

please don't be afraid to comment and/or vote :)