Chapter 4: Family Is Everything

Start from the beginning

"... It's one thing for you guys to talk me into coming to Okinawa---" Shota said, "---But this is where I draw the line."

"Aw come on Sho---!" Hizashi said, "---It's been a long time since we did something like this you know!"

"Sit back and relax with the guys!" malcolm told him. "You could use this time to spend with friends you know."

Shota told him, "You mistook me for a villain back in UA."

Malcolm laughed as he patted his back hard, "That I did, but Jo talked me out of it and it all worked out."

"I sometimes think you're trying to kill me.." Shota said.

"For what it's worth though, I'm glad you decided to take us up on our offer!" Oda said, "You'll love meeting more of our family. It'll be good for you and little Reina!"

"I didn't think you even had family in Okinawa." Shota said.

"You'd be surprised." Oda said, "We have Family in Osaka, Hokkaido, even Kyushu!"

"And this is why you guys are rabbits." Shota said.

"So how's father life for you now?" Hizashi asked, "You handling everything okay?"

"Aside from a few invinited guests, it's going fine." Shota said, "I just don't get how Al was able to handle it."

"Well to be fair she did have two kids so she was a natural at it by that point!" Hizashi said.

"Though if it's any constellation, you're doing alright." Oda said.

Shota only sighed before sitting, shoulders deep in the water.

"Hey, don't look so down, man." Hizashi said, "Believe you me, you're not the only parent that is feeling anxious about your kid."

"Who said I was feeling anxious?" Shota said.

"Dude, it's written all over your face!" Hizashi replied

"Come on, it's not that hard to tell." Oda said, "After all, it is your first time being a parent, even if she doesn't know it."

"At least, you got us to show you the ropes!" Malcolm said.

"Showing the ropes does not involve you spoiling her." Shota stated.

"You worry too much man!" Hizashi reassured him.

"Plus I do this with Floyd and he's fine

"I fear for your son's future." Shota said.

"Hey now, don't be like that!" Oda said, "Not all of us are as energetic as us."

"Trust us, you'll love them, and they have such a nice house in Okinawa!" Malcolm added.

"... So you tell me." Shota said as he rolled his eyes, before he stepped out of the bath, "If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go have breakfast."

"Aww come on soak in for a little while longer!" Hizashi said.

"If I soak in any longer, I'd become a prune--" Shota said, "---See you at the restaurant."

***

The dining area had been a buffet style that everyone on the ferry had enjoyed. Their had been varieties of food. After Shota had gotten dressed and fixed himself up the best he could, he found Shimizu, Katsura and Sonya with little Reina whom they were trying to keep her still.

"I want a pork cutlet bowl for breakfast!" Reina said, "A big pork cutlet bowl!"

"Aw you silly bean, that's a lunch food." Katsura said, "How about some pancakes instead?"