chapter 5

✦✧✦✧

The group of kids were seated in a circle. Tsireya and Rotxo were teaching Y/N, Kiri, Neteyam, and Lo'ak how to breathe under the water.

"Breathe in, and breathe out." Tsireya instructs them.

The Omatikaya teens copy the girl's actions. "Imagine flickering a flame." Tsireya adds as she places one of her hands over her heart. "You must slow down your heartbeat."

Tsireya then presses a hand against the left side of Lo'ak's chest. "Breathe in. Breathe from down here, breathe out slowly." She tells him, but she feels his heartbeat getting faster. "Lo'ak, your heartbeat is fast."

"Sorry." He mutters.

Neteyam, Rotxo, Kiri, and Y/N hold back their teasing laughs as they watch Lo'ak become nervous due to a simple touch from Tsireya. Lo'ak notices his brother laughing at him teasingly and decides it was time for payback.

"How about you, bro?" Lo'ak starts, looking at Neteyam and catching the attention of everyone.

"What about me, bro?" Neteyam smirked cockily at his brother.

Lo'ak smirks as he turns to Y/N. "Y/N, feel Neteyam's heartbeat please." He tells the girl as Neteyam's smile faded and a blush crept upon his face.

Y/N gave him a confused look. "But Lo'ak I don't even-"

"Just feel his heartbeat." He simply tells her.

"Alright, if you insist." Y/N says, rolling her eyes as she kneels down to get closer to Neteyam.

Lo'ak smirks at Neteyam as he catches his eye while the latter glares at him. As soon as Y/N presses her hand against Neteyam's chest, a quite obvious blush could be seen creeping onto his face. The rest of the kids snickered to themselves at Neteyam's reaction.

"Hmm, your heartbeat is fast, Neteyam. Let me help you calm down." Y/N said, a surprised look on her face.

Y/N then wraps an arm around Neteyam's shoulder and she began to stroke his shoulder, thinking it would help calm him down in order to slow down his heartbeat, but it only worsened with every stroke.

Neteyam glares at Lo'ak for trapping him into this situation with Y/N. Lo'ak on the other hand just smirks at his brother.

"Neteyam, your heartbeat is getting faster." Y/N told him.

"Uh- Uh- M-maybe because i-it's co-cold." Neteyam stuttered, laughing uncomfortably.

"No, it isn't." Kiri says, smirking at Neteyam.

"I agree with Kiri." Rotxo pipes up.

"I have to agree with Kiri too." Tsireya adds in.

"Why would the cold make your heart go faster hm, bro?" Lo'ak asks Neteyam, mockingly.

"I just feel that way, okay!" Neteyam yells, immediately standing up.

"Neteyam! Mawey, moe skxawng!" Y/N yells back at him, standing up to look at him as well.
(Calm, you moron!)

"I am sorry." Neteyam sighs, looking at Y/N with embarrassment.