005.

The small group of Adeline, Enid, Wednesday, Evelyn, and a few others from Ophelia Hall were stood in front of the whole school as Principal Weems delivered the peroration of her heartfelt speech. 'The first Poe Cup took place in 1897, as a way to not only honour Nevermore's most famous alumni, but to celebrate those values that all outcasts share. Community, perseverance, and determination. And we certainly saw those values on display today.' She said proudly, reaching over to take the trophy and pass it to Enid.

The blonde girl cheered, eliciting an eruption of applause from the rest of the school. She turned to Wednesday and Adeline, who both looked vaguely uncomfortable, and grinned happily, whilst Principal Weems congratulated their team.

Wednesday took one glance at the fluffy-haired girl beside her, and then brushed past her shoulder, roughly grabbing Adeline's wrist and pulling her to a statue of Edgar Allan Poe, where she sat and Adeline stood. The pigtailed girl leant back and took a breather, closing her eyes for a second.

'Social situations are really that tiring?' The brunette teased, earning a scowl from the shorter of the two.

'Stop pretending as if you were comfortable with the entire school's eyes on you. I can guarantee, you weren't.'

'Ah, was it really that obvious?' Adeline joked. 'Or were you just staring at me, huh?'

Wednesday simply ignored the question, and stared up at the statue, an inquisitive look covering her face, until she was interrupted by Enid.

'What are you doing down here?' The bubbly blonde asked, looking between the two.

'Hiding.' Wednesday answered sharply as she stood up. 'People keep randomly smiling at me out there, it's unsettling.'

'It's called having your moment. You took down Bianca Barclay, try to enjoy it.'

'Yeah, agreed.' Adeline said with a smirk as she stared at the dark-haired girl. 'Speaking of, there's a party later to celebrate our well-deserved victory.'

'Yeah! It's gonna be totally awesome. Me and Addie will be there too!' Enid chimed in.

'And I'll be in my catsuit.' Adeline added, causing Wednesday to raise her eyebrows very slightly.

'I'll think about it.'

★ ★ ★

Adeline was now stood in Enid's room as she adjusted her cat ears. River was snaked around her neck, purring softly as he slept.

'Whatcha think Enid?' She questioned, although there was no reply, as the werewolf was hastily doing her eyeshadow, with the help of Thing.

'Getting ready for Ajax, huh?' She said as she draped her arm around Enid's shoulder.

'Yeah.' Enid replied hurriedly, shoving an eyeshadow pallete into Adeline's hand. 'Hold this.' She squeaked out.

The brunette went to place it down on Enid's bedside table, and then she carefully took the sleeping River in her arms and placed him on Wednesday's empty bed.

Probably just to get on her nerves.

'I'm ready!' Enid announced as she sprung up from her chair and twirled around, also dressed in her catsuit from earlier. 'Lookin' good, Enid.' Adeline said as she grabbed the blonde's hand and pushed the door open.

The two ran down the hallways, and out into the quad, where they were instantly surrounded by a horde of people. There were dim purple lights strung up around the courtyard, and a few tables were set up in one of the corners, covered in drinks. The strategically placed bins were already beginning to fill up, and a few cups and bottles were littered around the floor.