Ch 5: 'Fighting The Gravity'

Start from the beginning

Uraraka: "What did Bakugo mean by 'fish'?"

(Y/n): "Not what you're thinking. Trust me. But, hey, who knows, he keeps running his mouth and he might end up seeing some fishes sooner or later."

Again, it appeared like Uraraka missed the point I was trying to make. Though, I was not in the mood to describe what I was referring to, so I just decided to leave it at that.

(Y/n): "...Anyway, what's up, guys?"

Uraraka: "U-Uh, nothing. Nothing! J-Just wanted to, um... To say t-that your suit... I- It looks..."

It seemed Uraraka was struggling to say what she wanted to. But despite her best attempts, she knew it was futile. So, in the end, she just turned to the boy next to her with a flustered look that screamed 'HELP ME!'.

Iida: "What I think Uraraka is trying to say is that your suit looks cool."

Uraraka: [Sighs defeatedly] "...That's the one."

(Y/n): "Oh? Uh, thanks, I guess."

Iida: "Though, if you do ask me, isn't the suit rather... Dark?"

I couldn't help but feel a little set off by those words. Whether or not Iida was trying to judge me was one question that was hard to figure out. Maybe he was just an elite like Bakugo said. I think my narrowed gaze mixed with my next words gave off such an idea.

(Y/n): "What can I say, man? I don't put on a suit to make friends. I put it on to make those who do wrong pay for their mistakes."

Iida: "Yes, but--"

Uraraka: "B-But what Iida is trying to say is he thinks your suit looks cool and we're not judging you at all!"

As soon as her sentence came to an end, Uraraka was quick to offer a sharp glare up at Iida.

Uraraka: "Right, Iida?!"

Iida: "Of course, but isn't it--"

Uraraka: "Right?!"

Iida: [Sighs] "...Right."

A short period of Uraraka continuing to offer Iida a stern glare passed by before she suddenly dropped it and turned back to me. A large energetic, yet seemingly nervous smile finding her face.

Uraraka: [Twiddles fingers] "A-Anyway, I just wanted to come and say your costume looks cool." [Chuckles lightly] "You're lucky, really. I should have written what I wanted... Mine ended up being a skintight bodysuit."

Something I had not noticed up until now. But now that I did! Well, as much as I like to keep to myself, it's kinda hard to do that when a girl outright points to the fact she's wearing clothing that is legitimately clinging to her body. As soon as Uraraka brought up the fact, my eyes unconsciously wandered on their own. I could feel the patches of red cross my cheeks as I desperately tried to avoid making eye contact. Now it was my turn to offer a nervous chuckle.

(Y/n): "Uh..." [Chuckles] "Y-Yeah. I guess you should have, h-huh?"

Even though he wasn't standing with us, I could sense the gaze and amused grin coming from Bakugo from behind. I just knew I'd be stuck with this for the rest of the day. Thankfully, Uraraka nor Iida seemed to notice my lapse of personality. Though, something Uraraka did know, however, was my nervous smile. Something she took as the first sign that I was opening up, as it was the first time I had somewhat smiled when in the presence of anyone other than Bakugo.

All Might: "Alright, everyone! Gather around! It is time for the combat training to begin!"

Huh? Who knew All Might of all people would be the person to save me from an awkward situation? Nonetheless, I didn't hesitate to take that as my opportunity to quickly take an exit from all of this!