🗡Chapter 2🗡

Warning: suicidal tendencies and mild harassment

A few terms:

Geezer: Old man

Broads: Women

Baloney: Nonsense

______________________________

Another night was close to falling across Manhatten. The tall buildings blocked the citizens' eyes from the beautifully painted sky.

Raymond walked across the littered sidewalks crammed with people going home or readying themself for the city's famous nightlife.

The man's stormy gaze caught sight of his destination, a cafe readying to close up for the night yet still held some customers. The brilliant lighting of the shop shone as the sun began to set for the day allowing the artificial lamps to take over in lighting up the city.

The cafe sat at the corner of the street. It followed a theme of ivory and mocha brown. There were tables outside the shop each with vintage umbrellas in the center. Vines trailed around the side of the shop and on nearby buildings. It was ethereal in its own way as this wasn't just a cafe, it was a coffee shop word for word.

Raymond didn't know much about the place, he settled himself into one of the tables outside gathering the attention of a waitress.

From what he knew they sold the finest coffee ever made. They had books in the corner of the shop for curious customers. A light classical tune drifted from inside and leaked out to the shop's patio. This place is an ideal place for students and workers to release stress. And to top it off, it was owned by a woman.

During these times, a woman being the head of something was unheard of. Along with not many men accepting the change. Then again women during these times were changing and were fighting for what they wanted. Something that couldn't be stopped.

"What can I get you, sir?" The waitress spoke wearing a bold red uniform that didn't quite fit the theme of the cafe. 

Raymond placed his suitcase on the wooden table, "Simple cuppa' coffee, ma'am." The waitress nodded before heading back into the store with his order.

When she made her way through the transparent glass doors, the rich aroma of coffee forced its way out of the shop and to his nose. The sudden noise of the customers inside reminded him of how popular a place this is. Though once the doors closed he was left with the noise from the traffic nearby.

A nearby delivery truck with a wooden back made its rounds, clattering and banging from the driver emptying their cargo without a care. The coffee's aroma was replaced with a heavy smell of exhaust fumes. The street seemed to be getting busier as night arrived. More people, carrying more bags, spending more money.