Chapter One: The Beginning

------

Tanjiro and Kanao have both been considered a couple their entire lives, but they're just really good friends. Both of their families have been close friends since they were children, and they both consider each other siblings at this point. Even though they have to remind everybody constantly that they are not dating each other, nobody will ever believe that. 

------

In the upstairs area of "Kamado Bakery", Tanjiro can be heard rushing to prepare himself for his first day at Kimetsu High. Kanao is a year older than Tanjiro, meaning that she is already Tanjiro's senior. Loud footsteps can be heard from the staircase as the dark red headed boy quickly runs out of door. Kie Kamado, his mother, cracks a faint smile as she sees her son rushing out the door. 

"Have a good day at school, Tanjiro!", she yells out as Tanjiro shuts the door. After a brief moment of silence, she sighs and returns to tending to the younger siblings. In the distance, Tanjiro is running at full speed to make it through the gates of Kimetsu High, as he is really behind schedule. 

"Oh man, oh man, oh man! I am so late! Arghhh!!", Tanjiro thinks to himself as he continues to run to school. He quickly approaches the gate, but is stopped by a yellow and orange haired boy. 

"Excuse me. But you can't wear earrings at this school.", he tells Tanjiro, sounding very unenthusiastic about this entire thing. A sigh can be heard from him, but Tanjiro doesn't comply with his order.

"So sorry, but these earrings are inherited from my father!", Tanjiro explains, sounding very loud in the process. The yellow hair boy decides to let him go, as Tanjiro is already late, and he doesn't want to hold him back any longer. 

"Fine. Just go.", The yellow and orange haired boy says while sighing. Tanjiro nods and quickly walks inside the building of Kimetsu High. As he approaches his locker, he looks at a nearby clock and realizes he only has a few minutes until homeroom starts. He quickly unpacks the things he needs to before running towards the direction of his homeroom class at full speed. Very loud footsteps can be heard in the hallway as he busts through the door of his class, while panting really hard. Tanjiro takes a deep breath before slowly walking to the last seat, which is most likely his.

"I hope I'm not late.", Tanjiro thought to himself as he set his bookbag to the side of his desk. All of the students that are in the class are a bit surprised by Tanjiro's abrupt entrance, but nobody questions it. But after a brief moment of silence, they all go back to doing whatever they were previously doing. Tanjiro begins to fiddle with his hands before the door slides open, and a man with yellow and red, spiky hair walks in. In a loud, but cheerful voice, he speaks up to the class.

"Hello everybody! Your first class for today is History! My name is Kyojuro Rengoku, and I look forward to being your history teacher!", he exclaims. Mr. Rengoku sounds really happy and excited for what is to come, and he ends up hyping up all of the other students. Tanjiro puts on a faint smile, and he can tell that Mr. Rengoku is a good guy. 

"Oh yeah, you guys can just call me Rengoku if you want!", Rengoku explains in a happy tone. A bright smile forms on his face, as continues to exude a ton of positive energy. All of the students give him a quick nod before Rengoku decides to start class. Tanjiro's lips curl up a bit, forming into a bigger smile. He enjoys history class, and it's one of the classes that he is good in.

.

.

.

.

His teaching is actually pretty powerful, and he's a really encouraging teacher. Midway through class, he ends up starting a whole class debate about a certain topic of History that he left open ended. Rengoku has a sly smile on his face, as it's pretty clear that this was more or less planned on his part. Nobody else notices the smile besides Tanjiro, as he is currently enjoying the class argue with each other. But before anyone can reach a final answer, the bell rings.