1: The Nexus Corps

Brooklyn, New York

Earth 1610

Okay, the story is too long to tell, so I'll just get straight to the point. We all, and much of New York (and practically the rest of the world) too, knows about the incident of the Alchemax Corporation supercollider. In a nutshell, it went boom, bunch of Spider-People bursted out like shrapnel from a firecracker, Spider-Man (1610) destroyed the supercollider. However, when we all thought that's the rest of it, we learned it inevitably wasn't. Since the supercollider caused atoms to move across dimensions as unfathomable electromagnetic wavelengths, it ripped holes into the multiverse, and attracted random entities to waltz right into each dimension. Don't bother trying to understand how that works. But basically, these holes, portals if you will, cause things of any sort to go to any universe/dimension. However, the problem is that most of these anomalous entities and phenomena come to our universe the most. Alchemax says it's because our current Spider-Man is "anomalous" because the spider, called subject 42,  came from a different universe and since he, Spider-Man 1610, is from here, that hypothetical hole that allows anything to go through, traces back to here. I hope you understand what I'm saying. Obviously, many problems arise from this. Like radioactivity increases with each new portal opening, and property damage. In the government, Achemax, and everyone in the entire world's eyes, that's not good whatsoever. Though, the police is making a major benefit with the funds the government is providing them to deal with the problem. But anyways.

Fast forward one year since the incident, our Spider-Man is gone. Vanished, like a gust of wind just blew him away to somewhere unknown (hint, hint :]). Crime sparked up and the anomalous  entities are attacking with much dominance. Obviously, it was a prominent idea that something needs to be done about this, as the US, Canada, and even countries from Europe, all raised their hand to. But the solution cannot be a puny task force in the police department, no, it has to be something that has the technology from Alchemax and the skills from the Avengers. Then, the Nexus Corps was founded.

The US government proclaims that Nexus Corps is a military faction under the command of Alchemax. That means all of the work we do on the field is under their designation. What type of work? Well, the main job is to keep this dimension secure from any anomalies entities and phenomena. So when a bad guy appears from a rogue portal, we come to the rescue and capture them before damage can severe, just like how superheroes would, yes?  That's the overall goal for Nexus Corps. However...we are assigned to be under the command of Alchemax, as per the US government. That means we can get an assignment that can include inter-dimensional operations (which is what a lot of us, me included, hope for) or international operations or anything that they want.

Furthermore, they also are the main contractor for our supply, including weapons. For example, we get to use their high-tech firearms. They have a standard issued rifle that fires "stunning" rounds. These bullets basically are non-lethal but hurt like hell, and will also give the victim a temporary concussion-like effect. Perfect for taking down anomalies. Another thing is what we wear for protection. Obviously we need it for a variety of purposes. Radiation as well. It's a protective exosuit that protects mainly your head and torso. And guess what? It only weighs five pounds! Alchemax had their bright minds into using a material called...uh...DPA-2 or something. But it's supposed to be lighter than plastic and stronger than steel. Our suits also provide a system that tracks people (especially those that were bit by radioactive spiders and can swing all over the place), enter night and thermal vision, which is pretty cool, and provide communications through an in-built radio system. Oh and we also have laser guns! But we aren't getting to use any as they're special priority and still in test. Boo-o-o.

I'm getting carried away here, but the stuff we get to rock on is pretty sweet. However, looking beyond that, the Nexus Corps cannot slack, especially with the gear that we get issued, so everyone basically looks up to us, especially with our prominence for securing the inter-dimensional crisis. It's our motto, so we have to keep up the grind. Even though the size of Nexus Corps is still pretty small, only about three thousand of us.

Oh! That reminds me about the goals of Nexus Corps.
You already the first one, to secure the multiverse from the leaking into each other, but there are several more. Speaking about the our meager size, one of Nexus Corps's main goal to consolidate the entire multiverse to interlink back on this universe, 1610. That way, we can provide unlimited supply and people for various benefits. Hence why we are called "Nexus" (definition: which is a connection that links two or more things together). Another goal, directly from Alchemax, is to capture or even kill Spider-Man. Any. Whether it be from our universe or somewhere else, all just for research purposes. Yikes. Now the public may not adore that idea so much. But we have to do what we are ordered to do, no matter how "bad" it'll be.

Right...?