Chapter - 24 - Facing reality again.

Start from the beginning

"Hey there young lady! What can I get for a beautiful girl like you?" The shop owner bellowed. The tone of his voice made me feel like he wasn't exactly coming from the heart at all and that he has to say this all the time.

He turned to me and frowned.

"Get out of here you demon! Or do you want me to beat you up!" he shouted alerting the other villagers in the area who sent me death glares.

'Well... it's not like I didn't expect that.' I thought.

"HOLD ON! WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO CALL MY TEAMMATE THAT?!" Sakura angrily shouted taking aback both me and Sasuke.

I think that this is actually the first time that Sakura has ever stood up for me. It makes me feel a little fuzzy inside.

"HUH?! YOU CALL THAT MONSTER A TEAMMATE! THEN GET OUT OF MY SHOP TOO!!" The shop owner shouted.

Sakura growled angrily at the man. But there is nothing she can realistically do. It is his shop and he can set whatever rules he can that don't override the laws of Konoha. He can kick anyone out of he so whishes.

"That demon should have been executed long before he even thought of becoming a ninja." one of the onlookers stated as a matter of fact-ly.

"Oi. Don't you think that is going way too far?!" Sasuke chimed in to help.

"Guys.. It's useless. You won't convince them whatever you do. we might as well leave while they are still willing to let us walk out without a beating. And the shop owner has the choice to not give us any service is he whishes." I state.

"Naruto! Don't tell me you're ok with that!" Sakura half shouted.

"If we leave now then It doesn't have to get worse." I state.

'I can get clothes here some other time while transformed into someone else after all. The shop owner won't ever know the difference. They are stupid enough to fall for a simple transformation jutsu.' I thought.

"Hell no! Don't you dare think that I'll let one of my teammates get belittled like this! It'll make me look weak too!" Sasuke shouted.

"It's not fair! They shouldn't treat you like this!" Sakura said.

A tear falls off my cheek. The more they speak the more reality becomes apparent me. This is why I chose to ignore it. I ran away from the reality of things happening. And the more they say the more I'm reminded of the abuse.

"WHAT KIND OF CHOP ARE YOU IF YOU REFUSE TO LET COSTUMERS IN!" Sakura shouted at the owner of the shop.

"SHUT UP DEMON UNDERLING!" he shouted as he cocked his hand back and balled his hand into a fist.

Time slowed down for me as I bolted right in front of Sakura and gripping the attackers hand.

My thoughts darkened as I was gripping the man's hand. Think of ways to make him suffer at my hands. I settle for tightening my grip.

"Try that again... And you're dead." Unintentionally I seeped as much venom out of my voice as I could muster.

The air around me turned dense as in a second after not even a breath was heard as trained my eyes into the shop owners. He stared back at me his eyes widening while his pupil shrinking by the second. I know this expression. This is the expression I used whenever I was beat half to death by the villagers back when I was a kid. He is afraid of his life.

...

'Good!'

'I want to see him suffer! I want to see him cry out in pain like I did! I want to see his expression when I torture him!'