Chapter - 24 - Facing reality again.

Start from the beginning

"We were wondering if you'd like to spend some time with us and go out into the village. It was my idea as a sort of team building." Sakura said.

"I wanted to refuse Sakura initially until she mentioned that you would be there too. I saw this as an another attempt to seduce me by her until she said that she's going to invite you too." Sasuke said bluntly earning a blush from Sakura.

'Hanging out with my team sounds good right now, but I don't think that I'm the best person to have tag along if you want to enjoy being in the village.' I mull over in my head.

'But I also can't refuse them here. Hell, every fiber of my being tells me that I should go without second thought.'

"Sure It'd be awesome!" I said with a smile.

Something felt weird about my smile. It was more calculated than any other ones I made. It was as if it was forced. Normally I smile with my teeth bared out for the world to see but now I only managed to curve my lips upward and widen them a little. I don't know if it seemed like it was genuine or not, It was very genuine in my heart. I felt really happy seeing them here and inviting me. It was the complete opposite of what I was treated in the past. Every time I asked to play with the other kids they always found an excuse to not do so and shun me away from them. It felt strange yet it was very soothing and comforting being invited to hang out with other people.

I looked at them with happiness.

The two seemed to take a double take on my appearance and expression.

"W-well... let's get going then." Sakura stammered out while Sasuke just nodded.

"Right." I beamed and stepped out of the door and locked behind me.

"But I'll have to warn you guys. I'm not exactly the best person to hang around with." I said to them.

"Why is that? I mean sure you are sometimes annoying and loud as heck. But other than that I don't see why we wouldn't." Sakura retorted.

"Y-You'll see..." I said solemnly.

She and Sasuke raised an eyebrow but chose to not dig any deeper. But soon realized what I had been talking about when we started to walk the busy streets of Konoha. Glares were sent at me which was caught by the both of them.

"What's the matter with everyone?" Sakura said with a hint of anger in her voice.

"Is this what you meant?" Sasuke asked and I nodded solemnly.

"How about we go do a little shopping? We got our money from our mission from the Hokage so how about we spend a little?" Sakura suggested happily.

"Sure. I'll need to buy a few thing for home and myself so this works out for me. How about you Sasuke?" I ask.

"I don't have much I need to buy so I'll just observe you guys." Sasuke said.

"What do you need to get Naruto?" Sakura asked.

"I'd like to get a change of clothes. This orange is fine but out in the field it's too easy to spot. So I'll need something that won't immediately give me out to the enemy."

"Hmm good point. Let's go to that shop over there. It has pretty neat clothes for ninja too." Sakura said as she pointed to a nearby shop that I recognized very well.

It was the shop that I got my orange jumpsuit from. Granted , I was only allowed to buy it because noone else would. And I got overcharged too.

"Are you sure? I don't think that shop is a good idea." I said.

"Well there is no other clothes shop in the area so we don't have much of a choice." Sakura said as she skipped over to the shop.

Me and Sasuke reluctantly followed her inside.