It was a passing question, but both of them answered together, "We wished Dad would like us too."

It was definitely an earnest wish.

[FELIX'S POV]

When the princess said that, she fell asleep beside the emperor. Claude was fully awake throughout the conversation but—

I'll just pretend that I didn't know.

He noticed that he couldn't hear the sound of a page-turning once more. He looked over the throne and saw the prince sleeping with his book covering his head.

He took the book and carefully brought him into the chambers. He looked at Claude, who was wide awake right now.

He watched him carefully as he tucked the prince on the opposite side. His hand was on both of their heads, and a small bright light shone on them.

"You talk way too much."

He gave Claude a friendly smile.

"You heard their wish," he teased.

Claude didn't answer.

The pain in his chest subsided, as if a thorn had been plucked out of it.

"I am a cruel father."

"You are, Your Majesty."

But he can't take his eyes away from them.

[2 YEARS LATER]

"HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WRITE THIS CRAP! THAT DIRTBAG!"

Ayhan makes a mess in the Imperial Library. He is getting bolder by the day, wishing for his grounded punishment, but instead of a slacker life, he is getting to transcribe an ancient book for fuck's sake!

Choi Han laughed as Raon poured him tea. Felix is keeping an eye on them. His sister was reading a book while holding a chocolate basket.

"So I am now a dirtbag? Can not you come up with a more creative insult?"

"Are you teaching me eloquence now?"

Claude smirks, pleased with how his son is looking right now. Making him work is, indeed, the best punishment.

Two years had passed since that day, and he had become a little more reserved and open to them. Athy is now conversing with him comfortably while engaging in constant banter with his son. His son never tires of mocking him in the most amusing way.

"You should insult the incoming delegates as soon as possible."

Athy looked up at him, and Yhan frowned as well.

"You are making a seven-year-old work?" Yhan's disappointed expression made him want to tease him even more.

"The proper age for Noble Young Men to attend a formal gathering is seven years old."

They both completed primary school at the age of six. Athanasia is more conventionally wise, but his son is downright devilish. He has the brains but not the brawn.

He paled and frowned even more as he watched him.

"I will give you a reward if you complete your task correctly."

"A reward?" Check.

He is well aware of his son's preferences.

"Will you give me money?"

"If you do an excellent job, that is."

It was enough to see him get riled up.

At the age of seven, a young nobleman shows up to form relationships with people. Young Noblewomen have stricter rules than men; they are not allowed to show themselves until they have debuted at a certain age.