Chapter 1 - First Day

Start from the beginning

"Hi! What's your name? I'm Kinkajou Meadow! I can't wait to get to school! Let's be friends!" she said.

"Uhh... yeah, umm... I'm Moon... Moon Selene, sure, we can be friends," Moon said, tugging her purple shirt.

"Yes! Third friend of the day! Nailed it!" Kinkajou said, pumping her fists.

"Third?" Moon asked.

"Yep! I met them just before you came on the bus! Right there, that's Turtle Miller and that's Umber Cobb!" Kinkajou pointed at the two people sitting in front of them.

A boy with light green hair shyly waved and another boy next to him with dark brown hair and circle-shaped glasses grinned from ear to ear.

"Hi..." Moon said, waving back.

Maybe going to school wasn't much of a bad idea after all.

Moon looked behind her and saw a boy with white-blue hair staring out the window wearing earplugs towards the back of the bus.

"Kinkajou, who's that?"

"Oh, him? That's Winter Frost. I wouldn't consider him as a friend yet, since, I haven't talked to him yet and, well, he's not that social, you know?" Kinkajou said.

"Yeah," Moon said, looking down.

Guess I'm not the only one who feels lonely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Qibli's POV

"Qibli! You're going be late for the bus!" Thorn exclaimed.

"Don't worry, Mom! I'll be fine. I'm heading out right now," Qibli said back, "Bye!"

"Bye, Qibli! See you, son," Thorn waved.

"Hey, Qibli, want to walk to school with me?" Sunny, Qibli's sister, asked.

"Thanks, Sunny, but since its the first day, I'd like to go on the bus and meet some people. Thanks for asking, though!" Qibli said, smiling.

"Alright, bye! See you there!" Sunny waved.

Qibli felt really happy ever since Thorn had adopted him. His real parents and siblings were abusive and disowned him. But, after he got adopted, Thorn and Sunny were really kind. They were the family he's always dreamed of having. Thorn worked as a lawyer, while Sunny was a teacher at a high school.

Which was the same high school as Qibli.

That's what made high school even better.

Qibli got on the bus and realized that there weren't anymore seats left. Except for one.

"Hey, is this seat taken?" Qibli asked a boy with white-blue hair looking out the window.

He didn't respond.

"I'll take that as a yes," Qibli said, sitting down next to him.

"What are you doing--" the boy frowned.

"Me? I'm sitting here because there aren't any other seats. Well, I asked you if I could and you didn't say anything."

"Whatever," the boy rolled his eyes and looked out the window.

"I'm Qibli Solis, what's your name?"

"Winter," the boy bluntly replied, still looking out the window.

"Winter...?" Qibli waited for a last name.

"Frost."

"I think I'm gonna call you... Ice Boy."

"What?" Winter frowned.

"I'm calling you Ice Boy."

"Then, you're Sandsnorter."

"How?"

"Your hair."

Qibli ruffled his dirty blonde hair and smirked, "Well then, I'm--"

"Now shut up and and let me listen to my music."

Qibli smiled, he liked annoying this guy. Maybe he would find him later at school and talk to him some more.

Soon, the bus reached the school. At least five buses were flowing with students.

"See you later, Ice Boy."

No response.

Oh, well. I can talk to him later. Right now, I've got a school to get to.

Qibli couldn't wait for school to start. He wasn't scared of anything. Except, what people thought of him. He want to be someone that everybody likes. Hopefully that would happen soon. And he wanted to make friends. Like Ice Boy.

A/N: That's a lot! thank you my tired fingers-- phew

Wings Of Fire (Mostly JW) as HumansOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara