the day luca got an offer to play hockey at the university of michigan, val turned in her application. and if it wasn't already perfect, she got accepted. so the trios perfect plan from when they were kids, finally worked out.

a loud snore brought val out of her thoughts and caused her to turn over to face her best friend. she pulled adams grey comforter up to her chin, trying to fall back asleep. that's when adam rolled over and accidentally fell off his bed.

"oh my god." val said, barely coherent through her laughter. "holy shit." adam said sitting up and grabbing his back. "looks like it hurt." said val, still laughing. "oh, trust me, it did." adam said with sitting back onto his bed. "that made my morning and i haven't even been up for five minutes." said valentina sitting up to attempt to push adam out of her way. "well good morning to you too then." adam said, throwing a pillow at valentina which caused her to retaliate.

"what time are we supposed to leave?" adam asked val, who now had her head leaning on his shoulder. "8:30." val responded quickly as she glanced at the clock that read 7:57am. "you fell at the perfect time." she joked earning a small shove from her best friend. "go get dressed so that we can go." adam said, pointing to his bathroom. valentina happily listened, getting out of bed showing her pajamas she chose for the night. she had grabbed a pair of his shorts and one of his various hockey hoodies. "hey val." said adam as she started walking out the door to the bathroom. "yeah?" she questioned, "take those clothes with you, i know you'll want some when you miss me." he smiled at her. "thank you, thank you, thank you! you are the best adam!" val said very happily, and with that went to the boy's bathroom to change.

going through her backpack she packed for the night she grabbed her clothes out. val put on her black athletic shorts and a white umich t-shirt. she brushed her teeth and put her black hair in a low bun, ready for the day.

she walked back to adams bedroom, knocking on the closed door knowing he was changing. a few seconds later adam opened the door, letting valentina in. she grabbed her shoes, keys, backpack and purse, oh and adam. and they headed downstairs.

"good morning mom and dad." valentina smiled at her best friends parents.

ever since they were little luca started calling val's dad, dad, and so val started calling mr. and mrs. fantilli mom and dad. and then adam started doing it too.

and it was perfect since mrs. fantilli had been the closest thing she had to a mom since her own mother left val and her dad right before they moved.

"good morning sweetheart, how'd you sleep?" mrs. fantilli asked, giving val a kiss on the cheek. "great, and adam fell off the bed this morning." said val. "of course he did. morning honey." mr. fantilli said, also giving her a kiss on the cheek. "are you two ready to go?" he added. "yeah just gonna grab some water and granola bars for the drive." adam said grabbing stuff from the pantry.

the day before they planned out how the move would go. mr. morgan was driving his car with most of valentinas stuff, adam and val were taking val's car with the rest of her stuff and adam was driving her car home. and then mr. and mrs. fantilli were driving their car with the rest of luca's stuff. luca moved in a week early for hockey practice and workouts, so they were just taking the last few things he needed.

adam and val loaded up her car and then got in, adam drove because he was scared for his life whenever val drove. "adam, i'm completely capable of driving us." val said as she put on her seatbelt. "yeah, whatever. i just want us to get there in one piece." he said back, joking with her. "i'm a great driver." said val looking at adam as he started driving off, following her dad. "sure, that's why me and luca drove you to school everyday." adam said, "i drove with you guys to save gas." she said, earning a playful shove from adam.