CH 1: WHY DO WE HAVE TO MOVE

Start from the beginning

Awwwn thank you, I completely forgot. Lets go its almost time for us to go. I say dragging my aunt out the door.

It is very crazy that Abnus Designs shut down an entire airport and sent a private jet just to pick us up. Scary shit man.

Right now I am sitting in the boot of the car with my tablet and headphones listening to CHASE ATLANTIC while reading a girls Guide to dangerous botany.

Wake up, stop sleeping. This is what drinking alcohol at early hours in the morning causes later you will complain of headaches and migraines. My Aunt nags.

My eyes start to flutter when I see two men presumably bodyguards walk towards the car.

Stop mixing my brain and look behind you. Your crazy new workplace sent people to pick you up. I poke her shoulder gesturing to the men walking towards us.

Good morning Miss Veronica. I am Andre Nickel personal assistant to Mr. Ivor. The front man said with a light smirk.

Weird right who is smiling with him?

And I am Jason Park. Your chauffeur and bodyguard. The dark eyed man behind says while looking like a hitman.

This is getting too much for me at this point.

André wipe that stupid smirk off your face its too creepy, it makes me remember Italy. My aunt says after punching Mr. André on the shoulder.

Ver do you know how painful one of your punches is, Andre says in a weird flirty way.

They are about to kiss when I shout Stop! I dont want to see that and how do you know each other I snap at them

Sorry, Nyx. Your aunt is my wife, and I was your dads close friend. André explains.

I look at my aunt for reassurance Its true and he is also your godfather. She says while we board the plane.

That is the most irrational thing I have heard in my life, I say sinking into my chair and fastening my seat belt.

My brain is not processing whatsoever these two just told me it is absolute trash.

If looks could kill both of you would have been dead by now, I say shooting daggers at the couple snuggling in the row beside me.

If you are jealous, Ivor has been begging Hades to get a girlfriend who will reset his brain back to default. Want to try. Andre teases.

Aunt Ronica If you dont want to be a widow at 29 keep Andres patois under lock and key I warn them.

Have fun once in a while. You cannot be single forever. Your Mom Ambrosia started dating Luis your Dad at your age although he was 25. Aunt Vee started recalling old times.

I already told Aunty Ronica I am not ready to start dating how hard is it for the world to just get it, I am not your typical Nigerian\Italian girl whose mind is mainly on boys. I have dated once feels like taking care of a child. Just redundant stress, book characters are better fawning over.

Mtchew, I was about to serve everyone some jollof rice and chicken but it seems like you are filled with too much gossip right? I guess only me and Mr. Jason will eat the whole cooler. I say making them regret their every word.

My sweet worker from far off forgive your ignorant subjects. Aunty Ronica begs.

Nyx my darling, I am sorry dont leave us to die of hunger we will never speak of it again Andre also begs me.

I am not a wicked person, only heartless and kind. I did not even cook this for myself. Instead, I made Chinese fried rice and fish for myself. I tell the duo.

Thanks. Nyx did Ver tell you where you will be schooling? Andre asks shadily.

I was also wondering where the mad-hatter is taking me to. Sha, it should be a nice quiet school. I reply cynically while placing my headphones on my head.

These two are driving me demented I just hope it is raining when we get to Edinburgh, this is taking forever. I cannot believe my aunt removed my SD card from my headphones and input her horrible podcast one in.

I turn to my aunt with my eyes livid Really? you dared to remove my SD card and put this in I say smirking venomously.

Here is yours, now give me mine. And respect me I am still your dads sister Aunt Vee tells me.

I was joking I really want to live for long and I am not that disrespectful. It is Mara you should be worried about not me. I say while placing the SD card in the slot.

We take a pit stop in Turkey. As we come down I see only private jets in the hangar. At least when we get to the lounge, there are people my age not only old and middle-aged people.

I am so sorry. I will pay for the shoes A cute girly pop girl says after spilling a hot latte on me, obviously intimidated by my bad girl look.

No need, they can be washed. Why do you look like I am about to kill you? I say jokingly to calm her down.

So. you do not want to beat me, for an instant there I thought you were one of those bullies I see in school. Im Margeaux by the way. The girl says trying to hug me but I evaded it.

With all due respect, social distancing, I know Covid is gone but you are a total stranger and to be honest I do not know why on earth I just had to bump into someone who looks like pink vomit in different shades I rudely snap at her.

I am really sorry about that sweetie; my niece is in one of her moods. Can you apologize to this nice girl young lady? My aunt says apologetically to the girl, while glaring at me to apologize.

Yes, General. Margeaux I am sorry but I do not like random people hugging me. If you do not mind we can be friends. I am Hecate I apologize.

Obvi, you are so cool. The bullies in school are not even half as beautiful as you Cherry and her gang will be green with envy. I go to St. Richards in Edinburgh, its a mixed school you will just love it. My new bestie says after hugging the liquor out of me.

Well, Nyx the thing is you are going to St. Richards also, so I think no more vodka for you. Andre says with his weird smirk. I would have really killed this bascard a long time ago if not for Aunty Vee.

Margeaux looks at me with a somewhat evil grin They might not know this but the owners have a vault of liquor at her house for their fellow alcoholics.

But only 3 shots per day, which is a downside for whiskey gals like me. I need at least a bottle or two to survive a day with the arseholes that dwell in that school She says taking a swig from my own whiskey combo. Making me realize she is not as sweet as it seems.

I put on my headphones and turn it up so that my social battery can recharge cause talking to people is stressful and take a long of energy to reply all of their extremely annoying words. Honestly, I am sincerely contemplating murder and what sort of techniques. I mean Im dealing with literal mental asylum escapees. No human born of a woman should talk to me right now or it would not be a pretty picture.

Then the dumb announcer decides it is a perfect time to call for us to take off. If he had a cardiac arrest in there just now with no one to help until he is long dead. And me laughing my head off just looking at the dead body then say Never disturb me in my moments of delulu again then blow a kiss.