He did not have a family to cherish or loved ones to mourn like Kim Rok Soo. Cale made the decision not to attach himself to the people they all call family.

In this life, he decided to play his part while crushing the darkness that threatened their peace.

It breaks his heart, to be honest.

That he never had a proper father figure throughout his life.

He has a biological father, but that father wants them dead.

Even if one of them acted as a guardian for him, there is that barrier that keeps his heart and their hearts together.

That is why he did not want to expect anything anymore—because neither of those worlds could convince him otherwise.

With those thoughts, Ayhan closed his eyes and slept through the night.

However, one morning in the following week—

He and Athy were surprised to see the number of servants sent to their palace. There's the redhead puppy dude as well.

"Felix Robane, at your service." The grand knight kneeled in front of them with a smile on his face.

Fuck it. I thought I was going to have a slacker life, but is this the second choice here?

"My Prince and Princess, I will be your temporary Royal guard beginning today."

Ayhan squinted his eyes. It was such an obvious distraction from that day, and now he wants to put them on the hot seat.

"Yhan..."

"Go back," Yhan said.

Felix smiled even more, "His Majesty knew the prince would send me away, so he gave me an imperial order." *pulls out a piece of paper with Claude's order written on it* "I cannot defy an imperial Order, Your Highness."

"Also, His Majesty stated that His Highness spends too much time slacking off and thus wishes to have dinner with you two."

His expression was no longer understandable. However, everyone flinches when he makes a dastardly expression. It is as if they are seeing a miniature Claude from him.

HE CAN EAT BY HIMSELF!

So...

"What am I doing here again?" He groans in frustration. Felix is currently carrying both him and Athy.

This is the easiest way to die and be reborn again!

Raon followed after them in his mini-dragon form.

It would be better to be safe than sorry.

When Ayhan noticed it, there were no knights or servants guarding the palace. It's silent, the only thing they can hear is their footsteps and breathing.

Felix explained how Claude prefers to do everything he wants.

They were dragged into Claude's room. So it is just him and Athy, and her heart is racing.

"That crazy fu—" Athy could not finish her sentence, but she knew it was a curse.

Ayhan took a look around. Nothing but folds and ornaments surround this immaculate room. It is so simple. Both the bed and the food are extremely basic. Claude, unlike the previous emperor, was not obsessed with wealth.

Ayhan, on the other hand, was fixated on the massive golden map.

"Whoa." Athy also marveled at that. It has mapped out the entire world. In comparison to the Rowoon kingdom's maps, this map is self-contained. Ayhan documented everything that was there. If he wants to leave the palace, he should know where the safest place in the world is by now.