"Come here, Harry!" Y/N exclaimed as she reached for the boy. Harry came to an abrupt stop, causing Y/N to crash into him.

Their chests heaved, and Y/N raised her head, separating from Harry. She looked at him with a puzzled expression. Harry pointed down the stairs, indicating that they should go that way. Familiar voices echoed from below.

"I'm warning you, Hermione," Ron's voice said. "Keep that beast away from Scabbers, or I'll turn it into a tea cozy!"

Smiles broke out on their faces as they descended the stairs. Hermione retorted, "It's a cat, Ronald. What do you expect? It's in his nature!" Her tone was condescending. Harry and Y/N exchanged bemused glances as they leaned over the railing.

"A cat? Is that what they told you?" Ron's voice cracked, and Harry and Y/N watched the amusing sight of the two friends holding their respective pets protectively. "Looks more like a pig with hair if you ask me," Ron fired back, and Hermione scoffed.

"That's rich coming from the owner of that smelly old shoe brush!" Hermione retorted. She turned her attention to her cat, cooing at it. "That's right, Crookshanks. Just ignore the mean little boy."

Before Ron could respond further, his eyes lifted and met Harry's and Y/N's. "Harry! Y/N!" he exclaimed.

Hermione turned around, her initial confusion giving way to excitement. "Y/N," she said softly. "Harry!"

✴✴✴✴✴

"I think I saw this in the newspaper that Stan guy was holding," Y/N mused as she sat next to Hermione. The two girls were facing Ron and Harry, who were hovering over a clipping of the Weasley family dressed in Egyptian clothes, having won a ticket to Egypt.

"Egypt. What's it like?" Harry asked.

"Brilliant. Loads of old stuff, like mummies, tombs. Even Scabbers enjoyed himself," Ron replied with a contented sigh, reminiscing about their trip.

Hermione couldn't hold back her curiosity. "You know the Egyptians used to worship cats?"

"Yeah, along with the dung beetle," Ron remarked, his brow furrowing. Y/N and Harry exchanged glances but didn't comment.

"Not flashing that clipping again, are you, Ron?" a voice called out. The four teenagers turned to see Fred and George approaching with their usual playful energy.

"I haven't shown anyone!" Ron defended.

"No, not a soul," George taunted. "Unless you count Tom." Fred snatched the paper from the table.

"—The day maid—"

"—Night maid—"

"—Cook—"

"—The bloke who fixed the toilet—"

"—And that wizard from Belgium!"

Ron rolled his eyes. Y/N chuckled quietly to herself. Then, she felt arms wrap around her, and she turned around. "Aurora," she whispered softly, studying the girl before her. Aurora's tan skin seemed even darker than before.

"Hey, Y/N," Aurora replied as she took a seat next to her, examining Y/N with keen interest.

"Look at you," Y/N hummed, her gaze fixed on Aurora, her mouth slightly parted as she observed the subtle changes in Aurora's makeup style. Her lashes were a bit more pronounced, and the red lipstick caught Y/N's attention.

Aurora noticed Y/N's wandering eyes and teased, "See something you like, Crimson?"

Y/N blushed, clearing her throat and averting her eyes when she realized she'd been caught looking. "You look good, Evergreen."