SET IT FREE

Depuis le début

Bianca turns her head slightly, and surely enough, Mike had been looking in their direction, but turned around immediately once Bianca did.

"Ignore him, he's probably just mad at me for denouncing their sacred club."

"Okay..." he nods. "Well, I gotta get back before Jason starts questioning my love for the game."

"You guys talk about the game at lunch?"

"We talk about it all the time," he bitterly responds.

"Sounds like Jason," Sam laughs.

"Yeah, unfortunately. I'll see you after school. Library, right?" he grabs his bookbag, standing up.

"Yes," she confirms as he walks away.

"Oh, Tim, I'd love to go on a date with you!" Sam mocks.

"Oh, Bianca, you're just so dreamy," Robin joins in.

"It's not a date," Bianca corrects, genuine confusion written on her face. "We're friends, we hang out."

"Yeah, and when I take dad's credit card to the mall, I just window shop," Sam retorts.

"I don't have time for a relationship, I have to finish my proposal for the Future Women in Science club before the end of the semester, tutor three kids a week, and submit my application for NASA Camp by April 1st. And I have an algebra test next period," she groans, laying her head on the table.

"Don't forget soccer practice three times a week."

"How old are you again? 35?" Sam narrows her eyes.

"How do you have that much time in a day?" Robin tilts her head.

"I'm very well organized."

"Your room is a pigsty."

"I know where everything is, and that's all that matters-" Bianca shrugs, interrupted by Eddie's voice booming throughout the lunchroom.

"As long as you're into band, or science, or parties..."

"Tune in today for our daily special of Eddie Munson's complaints about society," Michelle shakes her head.

"What's wrong with band? I like band," Robin turns to them in confusion.

"Watch, his next sentence is gonna be a sarcastic comment about basketball, then Jason's gonna take it way too personally and freak out," Sam quirks an eyebrow, taking a sip of her water.

"Or a game where you toss balls into laundry baskets," he shouts towards the basketball teams table, prompting Jason to stand up in defense.

"You want something, freak?"

"Jason, come on, man," Tim nudges him.

"What, you wanna sit over there too? Be my guest," he sneers, making the boy grumble in his seat.

"Forced conforming... that's what killing the kids!" Eddie runs towards a student, nearly startling her to death.

"Did he ever consider that some of us like the things that happen to be cool?" Sam turns to the girls. "Like Lucas actually likes basketball, it just happens that he also likes not being a punching bag."

"Cut him some slack, we all know what it's like to feel like a total outsider."

"I know, it's just- I am sick of him constantly attacking everyone for not liking what he likes. That doesn't make them wanna treat you any better."

"Not everyone has a Steve Harrington to fall for them and make them cool," Michelle shrugs, not noticing the look Bianca was giving her to stop talking.