The Flight She Almost Got - Chapter 3

The flight she almost got

Chapter 3

Jake dashed through the airport running past people trying to reach his destination, he flung open the open that lead outside he was met by a wire fence. He stopped and thought for a second and decided to climb up over the fence. He landed badly on his ankle but that didn't stop him. He carried on running towards the plane "wait!! Please wait" Jake ran as fast as he was able up the steps of the plane and banged on the door. "Please let me in, FBI, open the door" the flight attendant looked in shock at Jake standing there. She reached for the handle and opened the door allowing Jake on the plane. He walked down the aisle and found MC sat in her seat. "Jake! What are you doing here?" Jake stopped in front of MC catching his breath

"I couldn't let you go, not without telling you how I truly feel. I've spent so many years building a wall around my heart. For reasons you know I've not let anyone in for fear of something terrible happening to them. The more we worked together the closer we got. What I'm trying to say is I love you MC it scares me to say it but I do I love you. It feels so good to finally say it, I love you MC" a tear ran down MCs face not knowing what to say or do. Before MC knew what was happening Jake was escorted off the plane by security and taken to an interview room. "I love that women say in 13a Mia Claire"

Jake was taken to an interview room. He had his foot on the table with an ice pack on it to help with the swelling. Lost in his own thoughts he didn't notice MC sitting down across from him. She reached for his hand snapping him from his thoughts "did you mean what you said? Do you really love me" Jake smiled at MC, a warm feeling spreading throughout his body. "I meant it MC I really do love you" MC squeezed Jake's hand and smiled. "I love you to Jake" MC leaned across the table and for the first time their lips met each other's.

The next day Jake had been allowed to go, provided he never pulled that stunt again, he walked down the street holding two cups of coffee. A smile on his face the world somehow seemed brighter he knocked on MCs door waiting for her to answer. "Hey, I brought you some coffee" Jake handed MC the cup and placed a kiss on her cheek. "Let's sit outside, the weather is lovely today" Jake smiled. He was so happy for the first time in so many years. They both sat down on a bench MC cuddled up to Jake's side. "I've got something for you" MC put her coffee down and reached into her pocket and handed Jake a small box. He slowly opened it revealing a silver key. "I thought you could use your own key to the house"

"MC, this is so sweet thank you" Jake leaned closer to MC and placed a kiss on her lips, they both stayed like that for a while until MCs phone rang. "It's Dennis I better take this" with a not amused look on her face that she had been interrupted spending time with Jake she answered the phone. "We have to go into work a new case just came up" MC looked down at the floor with a sad expression on her face. "Hey, it's okay I've got something special planned for tonight" MC looked up at Jake, a smile spread across her face, he leaned in closer to her and kissed her softly on the lips.

They both head to work and start work on the next big case, they decide not to tell anyone just yet about their relationship as they just want it to be between them. The next couple of weeks pass and things between MC and Jake have been going so well. Jake found this rustic house that was for sale while they were on a case. He looked into the property and the land around it, it was the perfect place to start a new life. He arranged to meet the realtor and signed the papers. He had prepared a picnic lunch for him and MC.

They sat across from the house with a big pound in between them, "you took off your wedding ring" MC looked at Jake in amazement at what Jake had done. "I'm not married" Jake looked towards MC and pulled his ring out of his pocket. "You know this ring has two meanings: it represents my past and everything leading up to this moment. It also represents meeting you because without this I would never have met you." MC looked at Jake with happy tears in her eyes. "MC will you marry me?" MCs eyes widened but she had a big smile on her face. "Yes, yes I'll marry you Jake"

They both share a kiss as they part Jake looks into MCs eyes "I love you so much MC" MC leans in and kisses Jake on the nose. "I love you to Jake"