So, he opened his sketchbook, sitting down on the grass and started sketching the rows of Colourless Guards with a determined grin on his face.
They would win this fight.
To prove how confident he was, he saved a space in the bottom right corner to draw a cartoonish dead Void, lying down on his back with a X.X expression, lightning smoke rising from his body.

Time chuckled to himself, then turned the page.
His smile faded a little when he saw the image he had drawn a few days earlier.

It was from a dream he had the night after they tried to free Rainbow.

It was a hopeful dream, one where they were able to save Rainbow, whether on that day or afterwards.

The drawing was of Sabre, standing at the front with a determined grin, with Rainbow standing just behind him with that kind and toothy smile he always had.

Time moved to close the book, but paused.
He wanted to look away, to close the book so he didn't have to look at what could have been.
But if he closed it...it would almost like giving up on a similar future. To ignore what could've been and what could be would be the equivalent of giving up and loosing.
That's at least what Time believed.

He frowned, then decided on just moving it to the side.

Light was now approaching Time, with the Colourless Guards behind him moving to form groups to practice sparring.

"Hey." Time murmured as Light sat down next to him.

"Hey." Light responded.

They sat in a slightly awkward, slightly comforting silence for a bit.

"We can win this." Time eventually spoke, wondering if Light was feeling doubtful and needed reassuring.

"..." Light was still silent for a few more moments, "Maybe."

Time glanced at Light with a small frown and Light continued.

"We definitely have a chance. But I don't know whether it's a slim chance or not. I don't want to know what might happen if it's a slim chance." Light turned to stare with a worried gaze at the Colourless Guards, his gaze resting longer on the newer and younger recruits.

"You're a good Captain. You'll keep them safe." Time assured him but Light shook his head.

"I can't keep all of them safe." He sighed and Time went silent.

That was the harsh truth. As much as everyone hated it, they would suffer losses in this battle.

For Origin's sake, Time wasn't even sure if they could keep themselves safe.

And what about Sabre?
He was still recovering, and had been in quite a deep sleep.
He had woken up once, before the three left, but didn't talk much.

When he had heard they had thought of a plan to defeat Void, he had perked up, but looked annoyed and disappointed when Light said they weren't sure whether it was safe for him to go or not because of his physical and mental injuries.

Sabre had quietly stormed off back to his room with small grumbles at that, and Time was still unsure whether or not he had heard Sabre mutter something about 'doing it himself' if they wouldn't help him, which deeply worried him.

Sabre had gotten injured from sneaking off and trying to 'do it himself' (although Elemental had come too), which had resulted in them both seeing Rainbow's death (and getting injured.)

...

If Sabre tried to defeat the entire army of Darkness and its leader, then they could all get in a lot of trouble.

------

Yayyy!
Finished it after another long radio-silence from me.
I am so sorry about that.

It's a known fact now that I am terrible at keeping motivation and updates flowing for all of my stories, not just this one.

I'm also using up most of my motivation on a few non-fanfiction books, my own original stories I would love to publish someday.

I would rant on and on about these stories, but these are just notes at the end of the chapter, so I won't bother you with a probably hour-long rant haha
(I did spend two hours once talking about a series of my books I was writing to my mum. Sorry Mum haha (she enjoyed it though and still encourages me to tell her more (big mistake, she's now the first person I go to to rant about any new cool ideas I have (I killed off one of her favourite characters and I think she hates me now /j).

I might just start a separate book to write rants about my stories (without loosing focus on my other books. Although that probably will happen, so I might wait to make something like that)

But I am working on the next Chapter as soon as this comes out (trying to keep the motivation going!) So hopefully that can come out soon.
(Autocorrect corrected 'working' to 'worming'. Ah yes, I am worming on the next chapter haha)

Anyway, it's about 1am my time as I'm publishing this. I'm going to sleep haha (please excuse any errors in this book, I am too tired to proofread and I've made you all wait too long to wait another day to proofread, so I'm publishing it now.)
I hope you have a lovely day/night and stay safe!
See you next Chapter (or in another one of my books, if I can publish another Chapter on those.)