Lisa nods, allowing her to continue.

"And now we're viral," she adds, an empty laugh escaping her lips. "And nearly everyone I know has been blowing up my phone, asking me questions about this fake relationship, and I'm supposed to sit here and lie to them?"

"So yes, I am ignoring you. Because I am beyond angry with you for not even giving me an option to say no."

"I'm sorry, Jennie." Lisa says, a sad frown on her lips. "I really am." She says.

Jennie looks away, grabbing her bag from her bed.

"We don't have to do this, okay?" Lisa says, grabbing her hand. "I can call this off and we—"

Jennie shoves past her, this time more forceful.

"Jendeukie, it's time to go—" Jisoo opens the door. "Oh hey Lisa." Jisoo's smile falters. "What's with both of your faces? Are you two fighting?"

Jennie lets out a sigh, walking towards her suitcase. "I'm ready." She says, excusing her way out of the room and toward Lisa's car.

She lets out a deep breath once she was finally outside. Lisa's words and distraught face weighing heavily on her.

Boy, this car ride's going to be a long one.

***

"Hey guys, sorry for being late." Rosie walks toward them with her suitcases. She greets them all with a hug. "Suzy and i got into a little fight." She sighs.

"Not you guys as well," Jisoo says, a sad smile on her lips. "Now i'm gonna have to deal with three of my friends sad for the next 4 hours."

The three of them turn to Jisoo, glaring at her. "Okay bad joke. I'm sorry." She says, an apologetic smile on her lips.

"So is she not joining us anymore?" Jennie asks, walking over to Rosie and giving her a tighter hug.

"I don't think so." Her voice wavering. "She needs time to think." Her voice finally cracks.

"Wait, don't cry—" Jennie says, but she's too late. Rosie clutches onto her, her body wrecking in sobs. Lisa and Jisoo join in on the hug, consoling their friend.

"It's okay, Chaengie." Jisoo says. "Just let it out."

Rosie takes a few minutes to calm down, with Lisa being the last one to pull away from the embrace.

Jennie watches the two interact. Lisa's speaking in low whispers, wiping Rosie's tears away and hugging her tight.

They fit together well like a puzzle. Soulmate or not, Roseann Park and Lalisa Manoban blend well. And with that thought, Jennie's stomach churns.

With her feelings aside, she thinks back to Lisa's little proposal, and this time, Jennie knows what the right thing is to do.

Even if the right thing means breaking her own heart.

"Rosie, you should sit at the front with Lisa." She says, smiling encouragingly. She takes a quick glance over at Lisa, who's looking at her confused.

Jennie always calls shotgun. She always sits at the front. But if she wants Lisa and Rosie to happen, she can sacrifice her seat.

Jisoo shakes her head. "No. No." Jisoo says. "I would rather deal with a crying Chaengie than you needing to puke every 5 seconds." She says, tugging Rosie's hand.

"And I think everyone can vouch for that." Jisoo adds.

Lisa and Rosie nod. "Yep."

"No offense, Ni. But the drive is too long and with you at the back, it might take longer." Lisa says.