Chapter 1 (Where It All Began)

I was wrong

Chapter 1

(Where It All Began)

Early spring, around 5 in the morning before sunrise. Even though it's spring the snow is piled up outside the hotel where I'm staying at with some of my friends.

"Hey, I'm just going to take a walk around town." I whispered

"Go ahead; just be back around 7, there will be free breakfast in the dining hall." One of them answered.

I took my jacket and one of my cameras with me.

I'm a freelance photographer and the reason I'm in this town is that one of my friends sponsored a pageant that was held last night and I was hired for taking pictures.

The sun is yet to rise and the temperature out here is quite freezing. After getting out of the hotel I zipped my jacket on and put its hood on my head; the camera is not that big so I just pocketed it inside the jacket.

The town has an amazing overlooking view. It's a hill placed in the middle of town and where you stand from it you can see the entire town below.

I jog towards the hill to get some heat inside my body. Upon arriving on the said hill someone is already there.

"Great, just great." I thought to myself. I got up early for the purpose of hogging this view for myself and then someone just got here before me. The girl seems to be a local here. I look at my watch and check the time. The sun is about to rise any moment now so I readied my camera; I set it in multiple shots.

I positioned the camera right above the girl and focused in into the horizon where the sun will rise. Slowly the horizon is getting dyed in a orange light as the sun rise up. When the sun is finally in place where I want it to be, the girl who is sitting up front stood up and blocked the view.

"Ahhh why would you stand up just like that?" I thought to myself. The girl look behind her and she saw me with my camera in hand. I noticed that she is a model from the pageant last night; and upon closer look she has a pretty face.

"Oh, sorry I didn't notice you"

She quickly get out of her place then towards where I am.

"Nah it's fine."

"I'll be going on ahead."

I don't even know you. This girl is getting to familiar with me after destroying my mood and blocking my view.

"Sure." I replied in accommodation.

The girl left the hill afterwards. I forgot to remove my finger from the shutter button but I quickly removed it when I noticed it. I look at the pictures taken and it recorded about 200 shots. I didn't have time to check all of them so I leave it be. After a few moments of dousing my face with the sun and taking a few more pictures I headed back to the hotel.