Chapter Three: Flourish and Blotts

01 August 1992
The Burrow, Ottery St. Catchpole, Devon, England – Diagon Alley Floo Station, Diagon Alley, London, England

After breakfast, the Weasleys, Annabeth, and Harry all gathered in the cleared out sitting room in front of the fireplace. Annabeth was standing in front of the twins as Molly picked up the dish of Floo powder. "Here we are, Harry, you go first, Dear."

Harry looked to Ron in confusion.

"But Harry's never traveled by Floo powder before, Mum." Ron pointed out.

"Floo Powder?" Harry wondered aloud.

"Oh, well, you go first, Ron. So that way Harry can see how it's done." Molly instructed. Ron walked towards large fireplace. "Yes. In you go. That's it."

After stepping inside, he took a handful of the Floo powder from the dish before Molly and everyone stood back. "Diagon Alley!" Ron stated loudly and clearly before tossing the Floo powder on the bottom of the fireplace. Suddenly, green flames erupted around him, and he disappeared.

Harry's eyes went wide.

As the flames disbursed, Molly stepped forward again before turning to speak to Harry. "You see? It's quite easy, Dear." She motioned the young Gryffindor forward. "Don't be afraid. Come on. Come on." Arthur patted Harry's back and pushed him forward. "In you go." Harry walked hesitantly towards the fireplace and stepped inside it. "That's it. Now, take your Floo powder." Molly reached out with the dish and Harry grabbed some of the Floo powder before Molly stepped back along with everyone else. "That's it, very good. Now, don't forget to speak very, very clearly."

Still a little unsure, Harry said— "Diagonally." And threw the Floo powder down, causing the green flames to erupt.

The bond flared alive in Annabeth as soon as he'd gone through the Floo network. She knew that wherever her cousin had landed, he wasn't safe.

When Harry had disappeared, Molly turned to her husband asking— "What did he say, Dear?"

"'Diagonally'" Arthur answered.

"I thought he did."

"I want to go next. Please, Aunt Molly." Annabeth insisted.

"Well, of course, Dear, of course. Go on." Molly ushered Annabeth to the fireplace as Annabeth thought over what she was going to do.

I can't say what Harry said, Lord only knows if I'd end up in the same place as him. And even if I did, they'd all wonder why I said it. I can't reveal the bond. Alright, I have to do this the proper way.

Molly reached out to her goddaughter with the dish and Annabeth took her Floo powder before the Weasleys all stood back.

"Diagon Alley." Annabeth stated clearly before tossing the powder down. When the green flames receded around her, she found herself at the Diagon Alley Floo Station. Ron was waiting beside the fireplace she'd arrived at.

He was instantly on her. "Annabeth? Where's Harry? I thought he'd be coming next."

"He didn't say it right. Lord only knows where he's gone."

Just as Annabeth went to leave George came through.

"Where are you going?" He asked Annabeth.

"I'm worried about Harry. We don't know where he ended up. I'm going to look for him."

"Right. Let's wait for Fred though."

"I'm coming too." Ron told them.

"Right." Annabeth agreed.