Chapter 5

"You go first, I'll catch up." Mei-Mei said to Antoine.

He nodded and gave her his car keys, trusting her completely.

Antoine followed the directions that Mei-Mei gave him to reach Demi's grave. He stood in front of it quietly before setting the flowers down.

"Hi, Demi." He said gently, "It's me, Antoine." He felt a lump in his throat.

"I... I got your box. Demi... Why didn't you come to me before? Why did you not let me get to know you?" He felt the tears prick his eyes, threatening to fall out, "I don't get it. Why did you wait until after you died?"

He took a deep breath, "Demi, I don't even know how it's possible. I've known about that box for a week. I've been reading your letters for a week. And I can't help but fall in love with you. And... And it hurts because I never actually got to know you apart from those five letters. I didn't get to hear your laugh, or see you smile. I wish you came to me earlier. To actually give me the chance to fall in love with you in a different way."

The tears plopped down on his cheeks, and slid down. Antoine shut his eyes tightly and bit on his bottom lip-hard- to stop a sob from coming out. He's never felt this vulnerae before.

He took in a deal, shaky breath, "I dyed my hair back to its style during the world cup by the way." He added, letting a sad chuckle escape his lips.

"Antoine?" He heard Mei-Mei's soft voice from behind him. He didn't turn around.

Mei-Mei sat down next to him, resting her back on Demi's grave stone.

Antoine stayed silent.

He took Mei-Mei's dainty hand in his and pulled her closer to him. She rested her head on his chest as he wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

"We'll get through this together." She promised.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys. Sorry I haven't updated in a few days. Anyways, all that's left right now is the epilogue. Thank you for all the votes, comments and 600+ reads.