The January Girl- Ed The Painter

Summary:
The trio is in the middle of solving the crime scene when you came back to New York City.

TW: Spoiler alert, NSFW, and mention of murder.

-------------

-------------

'I'm at gate 3!'

You stated in your text that you would send it to Nick. You're not going to lie. You missed the two idiots in your life.

You left New York City four years ago. You moved to London four years ago to pursue your goals, and now you have a Bachelor of Fine Arts with a major in Painting.

You are aware that it differs from the other two. Both of their jobs are associated with "Helping People" and a great deal of politics.

That is something you do not desire.

You're still resentful and upset over what Frank did to Nick, especially because he did it right after you left, knowing you'd stand between them and take Nick's side.

Nick simply understands you; he even assisted you in searching for and applying to universities, which irritates Frank. He wants you to join him in politics.

Fuck that.

You want to make a living by drinking paint water.

You were distracted when you heard a car horn. When you look at the source, there he is.

"NICKY!" you yelled, sprinting towards him and embracing him.

Nick grins and hugs you back. "Miss me this much?" he teases, prompting you to slap his arm playfully.

"Hey! Don't pretend you didn't miss me!"

"I have no plans to."

~~~

"So you're back now? "

"Most likely, yeah."

"Damn. Frankie must be horrified."

When Ed heard another voice alongside Nick, he raised an eyebrow.

A female voice more so.

He shifted his gaze away from the computer and toward the door, which opened, and his gaze met yours.

You appear to be a member of the Nicks family.

Sister?

That's only a hunch.

"Y/n, this is Ed, my friend. This is Y/n, Ed. Nick introduced his sister.

It appears that I am correct.

"Pleased to meet you, Ed," you say as you extend your hand for a handshake.

Ed accepted it with an attractive smirk, but instead of a handshake, he kissed the back of your hand.

"I believe it is a pleasure to meet you, dear."

The sudden flirtatious move caused your cheeks to flush.

Nick arched an eyebrow and, as your bigger brother, dragged Ed away.

"No."

"There he goes again.." You rolled your eyes.

"Again? What- I'm just doing my role here as your big brother!" Nick expressed dramatically.

You shook your head, and suddenly the computer caught your eye. "What are you guys up to?"

"Trying to catch The January Man," Ed says as he sits down and rolls his chair up to the desk.

"The January Man?"

"The January Man," Nick repeated, "is responsible for the deaths of women around here, and it's up to us to stop him."

"Should I be worried?" you inquired. "I mean, ya know?"

"Don't worry, darling, we won't let him hurt you; he won't even grab your hair," Ed promised, sending a slick wink your way and eliciting a chuckle from you.

"Ed, I swear to God-"