Robin looks up from the papers. "Vecna's curse."

Max continues. "Chrissy's headache started a week ago. Fred's, six days ago. I've been having them for five days. I don't know how long I have. All I know is that, for Fred and Chrissy, they both died less than twenty four hours after their first vision." Max walls closer to Stephanie, tears forming in her eyes. "And I just saw that goddamn clock, so...looks like I'm gonna die tomorrow."

Stephanie pulls Max into a hug. "You won't die, Max. We'll find out a way to get you out of that trance."

Maxs tears stain Stephanie's shirt. "Okay, just promise me you'll be there, alright?"

"I pro-"

A clang cuts Stephanie off.

Everyone whips their heads towards the sound.

"Stay here." Steve lowers his voice. He pulls a floor lamp out of the outlet, repositioning it in his hands.

"The hell he's gonna do with that?" Stephanie gestures towards Steve who is creeping into the dark hallways, trying to make a joke to lighten the dark mood.

Everyone follows Steve out into the hallway, following the distant noises.

Stephanie hears footsteps and all of a sudden, Steve and Lucas are screaming in each others faces, Steve swinging the lamp.

"It's me!" Lucas yells, bending over in attempt to catch his breath. "Its me."

"Lucas?" Stephanie's eyes widen, watching him try to get any words out.

"Jesus, what's wrong with you, Sinclair?" Steve yells, jumping a little. "I could've taken you out with this lamp!"

"No you couldn't!" Stephanie yells back, matching Steve pitch, trying to make fun of him.

"Sorry, guys." Lucas continues panting. "Sorry about that. I was...I was biking for eight miles." He turns around and holds his hand out. "Give me a second. Shit." He stand back up, focusing on Dustin. "We've got a code red."

"What?" Dustin questions, not retaining anything Lucas is trying to say.

Lucas walks towards Dustin. "Dustin. I've been with Jason, Matt, Patrick, and Andy, and they've gone totally off the rails. They're trying to capture Eddie, Stephanie knows that part, and they think you know where he is. You're in terrible danger!"

Dustin keeps his cool, unlike someone in particular. "Alright. Yeah, that definitely sucks, but we've got bigger problems than Jason right now." Dustin turns back to Max, who's looking anywhere but at Lucas.

————
March 24th, 1986
12:15 pm, 📍Hawkins, Indiana

༺♥༻ Stephanie paces around the Wheelers basement as she reads a copy of a newspaper Nancy and Robin found at the library.

VICTOR CREEL CLAIMS: ANCIENT DEMON KILLED FAMILY. THE MURDER THAT SHOCKED A SMALL COMMUNITY

"Okay, be honest." Steve grumbles, not understanding a word Nancy or Robin had to say about the demon. "Uh...You guys understand any of this?"