"Isn't that your job? To protect him and to know if he's fine or not" silence deafen the hallway. Maru and Marcus also bow their heads for Vegas' outburst.

No other words was heard but a sudden pain engulfed Kant's body that made the other two guards gasps. A sharp dagger pierced his shoulder. It's painful but he's numb. This kind of pain is normal in their job. He already experienced even worst than this. Everytime that they can't do their job of protecting Pete it's expected that it will cost their lives. For the three years of being Pete's bodyguard. Him and Maku tasted the Vegas' madness everytime Pete will be harm or in danger.

For the people who work with Vegas. They can say in their point of view that Vegas really treasure and love Pete. He might not be a man of words and action but he is a man of war. A man that will ignite a war according to protect and to save the one he love. That's what Vegas name stands for. A silent but fierce.

After the commotion between them, the doctor and nurse finally brought Pete to his room. It's true that he caught a fever. A high fever that probably he got from swimming in the falls everyday and even in night. Pete's body must be new to that thing that's why he got weak.

Their master just calmed when he saw his boyfriend lying on his bed, beautifully sleeping. Vegas left all his pending works and take care of Pete until he gets better. After two days in the hospital he got bored and very bored that's why he forced Vegas to bring him home in the third day. His boyfriend declined at first but after he saw Pete's desperation before he agreed.

When he went back to the Summetikul mansion, everyone treats him like a baby. No one dared to make him do any chores or do some work.

Pete appreciates each love and care he received from the pure and kind people around him. He's thankful that despite of his undying loneliness there are a lot of people who still making him valuable and cherish his everyday.

***

"Muse what do you want for your birthday gift from master Vegas?" Pete look at his reflection in the mirror as the comb touch his hair. His soft and natural hair is being in care by his nanny Ploy. His birthday is months away from now and just like yesterday he just wanted a 'freedom'.

"I want freedom nanny" the woman suddenly halted from combing his hair and touch his hair with her hands.

"I don't think he can give you that. I don't have enough rights in my hands to grant your wish but I promise that I'll do anything to help so the master won't hurt you again"

After he got sick, Pete thought that everything is getting better for him because Vegas shows care and giving him so much time. However, many things turns upside down. Weeks ago a sudden news made him shocked and immobile for a minutes. His days are getting worst and worst. And Vegas became more and more cruel to him. He doesn't knew him anymore. He's not the Vegas that he used to love. He can't see the man that he love three years ago. Vegas made a new rule in the mansion. A rule that made Pete's heart shuttered and thorn.

From his chamber just couple of steps away where the mistresses of Vegas located. He brought them here one by one. And everytime there's a new comer his heart slowly forgot the shades of love. He forget the love he had for Vegas and remain with a hatred and anger.

Pete made a mistake that turned Vegas show his demonic side. This everything is showed for punishment to Pete. To humiliate him and to made him more pity.

When he Vegas closed the door of his room. Pete take a chance to escape from him. It's been a days when Vegas is watching him because he's sick. He knew that guards are outside but he can deceive them by ordering them around. That's why he reached the main door of the mansion and quietly sneaked to the gate of the village. He wore a normal dress and  put a cap on his head to hid his face. There's a group of people who are going outside and he join so he can go out too. At the moment that his feet touch the ground just a meters away from the main gate. A bunch of guards blocked him and dragged him back to the mansion.

Scream and cry.....

Pete's voice invaded the whole village as he cries in despair. He was their outside and now he's back again. His heart was sore and aching. He wanna escape but the demon always have a ways to find him.

Facing the wrath of Vegas.

In the large container full of water. Two guards are holding his hands and drowned him in the water. His tears mixed with the water as his eyes never stopped to cry. He saw the outside world in just couple of seconds and he ended drowning helpless and breathless.

The master watched him as he catches his breath and beg for mercy.

"I hate you Vegas I wish I never love you and never became your partner. Being your boyfriend was the biggest mistake I made"

Face full of tears and wet. In front of this people watching their Muse being punished for the first time. In three years today is the first time that master Vegas punished Pete physically. All of them cannot afford to look at Pete without pity and sympathy in their eyes.

"Please Vegas let me go..please let me have my life again..if you'll say that you're doing this because you love me then it's not love Vegas. What you're doing right now isn't love"

The master's wrath was fueled by this words from Pete. How dare him to questioned his love.

"You don't need to ask whether I'm doing this by love or by fun. I wanna say that I loved you but your stubbornness made me forget that love"

He was shocked and hurt. Vegas never considered Pete's feelings in this relationship. He wasn't care if Pete is doing fine or not.

"Drown him more for ten minutes and isolate him in his chamber no guards and nannies to visit him. Chain his legs and arms make sure that you won't touch any parts of his body as you lock him on his post. A stubborn boy like you will always deserve a punishment"

From that day and on, Vegas never looked at Pete with mercy anymore. Same as Pete never looked at Vegas with love anymore. They both started to be distant from each other especially Pete who always received pain from Vegas.

How long will I ask for my freedom?

How many times do I need to be drown just to escape?

Can I ever see the island and my grandparents before I die?

Please let me go home.

🌱L.N.B