Ch 4: 'The Only Thing That Matters'

Начните с самого начала

--The Next Day--

As the next day finally rolled around, I was fast at getting ready for my first day atU.A. Such was obvious with how fast I was packing up my bag. Though the speed at which I was currently going at wasn't so much out of wanting to get to U.A. before anyone else. But more so due to the fact that my Mother's voice was constantly asking the same questions over and over again to the point I needed to get out of here before I had to deal with any more of it. 

Inko: "(Y/n), do you have your bodyspray? You know how you get smelly after you work up a sweat." 

(Y/n): [Sighs] "Yes, Mom." 

Inko: "And what about your phone? You have your phone? Your phone so I can call you?" 

(Y/n): "Yes, Mom. I have my phone. I'm gonna be late, alright? Bakugo is going to be here any moment."

Inko: "Oh, you're walking to school with Bakugo? That's so sweet of him." 

(Y/n): "Yeah, sweet." [Mutters] "It's not like he's going to be constantly bickering me about girls and stuff while we walk there." 

Inko: "What was that, sweety? I didn't quite hear?" 

(Y/n): "Nothing, Mom. Nothing..." 

Thankfully before any more questions could come my way the sound of the doorbell sounding quickly went off. Immediately alerting myself and Mom. 

Inko: "Oh, that must be Bakugo. Here, dear, you keep packing and I'll get it--" 

(Y/n): "No! Mom. I'm fine. I'll get it!" 

Inko: "Oh, alright, dear..." 

I could sense the questioning look on Mom's face as I quickly rose to my feet and raced toward the door. Though there was a particular reason as to why I didn't want Mom to open it, and it was all because of the person on the other side. You see, in recent days, ever since Bakugo got accepted into U.A. he saw the opportunity as a way to...expand his horizons in the lady department. 

So much so that in the few days since he found out, he had been outwardly practising his 'Rizz' as he liked to call it. I knew he'd try something like that on Mom. Not to go far, but just for the fun of it. I was confirmed by such when I opened the door to see Bakugo, himself, leaning against the door frame with a rose wedged between his teeth. A cocky smirk running across his lips... 

Bakugo: "Well, hello Mrs. Midoriya, how are you doing tod--Ah!" 

...A cocky smirk that quickly dropped as soon as he saw my emotionless face. Immediately he spat the rose from his mouth and straightened up. Not to hide what he was doing. But probably more so to do with the fact he knew I'd tease him about this later. Which I definitely would.

Bakugo: "U-Uh. (Y/n)? Um..." [Coughs] "What, uh...What's up, my guy?" 

(Y/n): "Dude...What are you doing?" 

Bakugo: "Me?" [Chuckles nervously] "I'm d-doing nothing. Just waiting for your slow ass to get moving!" [Looks passed you] "What's up, Mrs. Midoriya?" 

Of course, Mom was quick to smile and offer a wave-like any Mom would in a moment like this. 

Inko: "Oh, hello, Bakugo. How are you today?"Bakugo: "Oh, I'm fine..." 

I could tell there was a 'but' coming along. 

Bakugo: "...But, Mrs. Midoriya, may I just say...You look really nice today."

Whether or not it was the grin on his face. The confidence he gave off. Or the words he spoke. It didn't come as much of a surprise when I turned around to see that Mom was clearly set back by the sudden words from Bakugo. More so when he approached her, bent down, and offered the previously discarded rose to Mom.