💀 Chapter 24 💀

Start from the beginning

We mounted the bikes and rode towards the sunrise. We kept on the sidewalk, passing by people every now and then. For a moment I thought I was going to fall face forward when I got distracted from staring at Elijah and recklessly went over a deep crack on the concrete. He checked up on me when he heard the gay gasp come out of me, and continued to look back at me to make sure I was alright for the next twenty minutes or so. We went through some neighborhoods, rode through tight alleyways and parks, always on the lookout for anybody watching us, but it was nothing but peaceful. The wind on my face, the sun warming up my body, the birds singing, the palm trees scattered everywhere, it was beautiful.

"Hm," Elijah said when he stopped randomly, staring down at his phone.

"What's wrong?" I said as I slowed down beside him.

"I think Cedric is in trouble."

The peaceful energy quickly vanished into thin air.

"What? Why? What did he say?"

"He said we need to get there immediately. That's it."

"And where exactly is 'there?'"

"We were supposed to meet him at a garage building where I keep one of my cars. It's in a random location by the beach where no one would ever think to look for me. It's not even close to my house."

Without wasting more time, we were back on our bikes, pedaling faster this time. We stayed away from the main road and inched closer to the beach, although not enough that I could see or smell it, but I saw the signs around. It was another twenty minute bike ride, and I wished we had just taken the Uber there, but I understood why Elijah had done it. Better be safe than sorry.

The garage building was so close to the beach that the scent of sand and ocean water finally hit me. The building had eight floors, and according to Elijah, the two at the top were private. We entered the ground floor and Elijah spotted two teenagers sitting by some bench near an elevator. They were soaking wet and wearing bathing shorts, so they must have been at the beach before coming here.

"Hey, you two want these bikes for free?" Elijah said.

"Free?" the shorter one replied.

"What's the catch?" said the other one, sounding doubtful.

"No catch, you guys can have them. They're new, take care of them, okay?"

Smiling, they nodded and we handed them the bikes. They took them and sped away laughing with joy. We jumped into the elevator and went up to the highest floor we could before being forced to step out because it didn't go up to the last two.

There was a barrier gate blocking the path to the other two floors. If you were going up with a car, you had to stop by the toll booth and if you were walking up, you had to go on the other side of it and stop at the window. Since we were walking, we crossed the path and walked up to the lady in the booth. Elijah showed her his information and we were allowed through. Elijah's car was on the top floor. My nerves were peaking at the thought of Cedric being in danger, but also how the fuck did he get up here without Elijah? I knew they talked in private a lot, but like damn, I wished they let me in so I didn't have to suffer from anxiety all the time. There was a group chat for a reason.

Cedric stood by the back walls, which were completely open, letting in the ocean breeze. I could see the water from here and it was quite peaceful and beautiful. The walls did have metal bars to stop people from falling off, but I randomly wondered if anyone had fallen before.

"What's wrong?" Elijah asked quietly as we approached Cedric.

Cedric took a deep breath and opened the back of the car next to him, raising the door up, revealing a stranger. The man was curled up against the back of the trunk wall, his mouth taped shut, his hands and legs tied with rope.