Chapter 1

It's finally Friday, and I can finally rest at home. Without anyone trying to piss me off (I hope). Work's been such a pain in the ass, especially when you're the boss. I took my heels off, trying to massage my foot. I went to the bathroom and took a warm bath, just to relax. 

After showering, I grabbed my towel and wrapped it around me. A few seconds later, my phone rang, and I start to wonder who it is. I went off the bathroom and picked the phone up, 

"Yes?" I asked, like I already knew a friend of mind was calling me. Luckily, it was. 

It was Dana, and she was inviting me over a party. 

"I don't want to go, Dana." I said sternly, 

She begged, of course, "Sige na Val!" (Come on, Val!) 

I sighed at the phone, "No thanks, Dana." I looked at the clock, "Magpapahinga nalang ako. I'm tired." 

"But- it's a Friday night?" she begged again, "Wala ka naman gagawin eh," 

One again, I gave out a sigh. "Fine, but I'll leave agad ha." (...but I'll leave quick okay?)

Great, I agreed to go with Dana and her parties again. This is what I hate about myself, I let others do what they want so easily. The reason why my staff is so jealous of my friends, I'm nice when I'm their friend. But when I'm a boss, I get so strict.

7:00pm, Leisure Club. 

I headed inside with Dana and a few of her friends that I don't even know, but don't get me wrong. I'm friendly, and I ain't a snob. We actually became friends after a few talks. 

"Hey, Dana!" I captured my friend's attention, making her look at me. "I'm gonna go get a drink, Okay?" 

She chuckled, "Now you're talking! Alright." 

I went to the counter, and waited for a bartender to notice me. And as one guy did, he asked what I wanted. "Wine, please." I told him, looking straight. He looked at me with confusion, like I was a lame clubber or something. A guy sat beside me before I spoke again. 

"Something wrong?" I asked him, "-with my drink?" 

The bartender smirked, "No ma'am" 

I rolled my eyes at him, looking away. I then felt someone staring at me, so I had the urge to look to my right, realizing someone is staring at me. He looked familiar, in fact, I think I know him. He also stared back, trying to think who I am. But then, there it is. I remembered. 

"Clark?" I greeted questionably,  

He smiled at me, "Ah! Valandria?" 

I chuckled at him, remembering my name so sudden. We shook hands and realized that we both knew each other. He was a friend back in College, that I haven't seen for too long. I took an irregular class, the reason why I never saw him again. I didn't get to take his number or anything, that's why. 

"Haven't seen you for like what?" I chuckled, 

"3 years?" Clark replied, nang naka-smile saakin. "I miss you, girl." 

Oh, that's right. I completely remember, He's gay. 

"I miss you too!" I smiled sweetly, "Ano na ginagawa mo?" (What do you do now?) 

"Well, I shift courses," he says with a sigh, "Gusto ko talaga mag-fashion designer eh." (I really want to be a fashion designer.) 

I nodded, "Ah, I see. That's a good choice." 

Then he asked me, "What about you? What do you do?" 

I glanced at him, "I work in a management company, I'm the boss, so." 

"Nako," (Oh no) he clicked his tongue, "Stressful yan." 

I nodded, nakuha niya rin ang gusto 'kong sabihin, "That's true." 

"So, what about this company?" tinanong niya ulit, 

"Just like yours, we work with fashion, around that division." I replied, nakatingin parin sakanya. 

"Just like mine?" He sneered, "Actually, ayoko na sa trabaho ko." 

Nagulat ako sa sinabi niya, eh akala ko ba gusto niya doon? 

"What?" I gasped, "But I thought you loved fashion?" 

Tumawa siya, "Eh para naman walang future saakin yun eh." He sighed, "Mas magaling ako sa computers and stuff," 

I nodded again, "Well... We have this job where we need a new employee, and what they do is they manage the whole section. Whatever deal comes in or out, they manage it." 

Clark chuckled, "Teka." Tumingin siya saakin, "Niyayaya mo ba ako?" 

I laughed, and nodded. "Yes, Clark. I'm offering you a job, not just because we need you, because I also want to get to talk with you more." 

I think he liked that idea, because before I could talk again, he agreed.