Innocent to Evil Ch1-Part4

Start from the beginning

And in midair, it captured Regina with ease

Her mother's power kept her from running away.

Just like her mother's magic took Daniel away.

It seemed running away was impossible to do.

For no matter how hard Regina tried, her mother's magic came through.

Foolish was she for thinking she could flee.

For her mother was right, she was a stupid girl, you see.

Though she may feel her heart break,

She must go on, for there is no escape.

Her mother was right, and she must accept her fate.

She must move on, no matter how hard it may be.

For this is her life, and she must let it be.

But all she wanted was to be free.

"Mama, I don't want to Marry the King... I don't want this life!"

"You're just frightened of having all that power."

"I don't want power... I want to be free."

"Power is freedom... don't worry, I'm here to show you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once Regina was re-established in the palace, Cora guided her on how to take full advantage of her power.

"Get to know the princess, and once you have her wrapped around your finger, that's when the real power begins, my dearest girl."

Regina tried her best to be understanding of Snow White, despite the ten-year-old being the cause of Daniel's death. Regina could feel a darkness threatening to consume her at the thought of harming the young girl, and she refused to succumb to her mother's influence and follow in her footsteps. So, there she was, brushing and braiding the princess's hair, just before the royal dinner. Perhaps, she pondered, she could find it in her heart to love the princess. After all, Snow would soon be a big sister and Regina wanted to ensure that her unborn child would have the best upbringing and not experience the same pain she had suffered at the hands of her mother. Regina internally vowed to herself to avoid magic at all costs.

Suddenly, Snow White's boldness was apparent as she touched her jewelry box, the one the thief had attempted to take the night before. The insolent child removed the necklace the thief had crafted with her unique engagement ring from Daniel. Regina was appalled as the brat had the audacity to put the necklace on! The darkness inside of her grew, and a vivid image of her gruesome fantasy played out before her eyes. She envisioned strangling Snow White with the necklace until there was no more breath left in her body.

"What's this?"

"That's mine."

"It's pretty. Where did you get it?"

"Daniel gave it to me."

"The stable boy... The one who left you."

"He didn't leave me."

"What?"

"He was killed."

Snow gasped in disbelief, her eyes widening with shock. "Oh no," she murmured, her voice trembling.

"He was killed because you couldn't keep a secret from my mother." Regina said menacingly.

"But... she said... she told me she was going to help you-

"My mother corrupts young souls. If you were stronger none of this would have happened." Regina uttered as she tightened her grip on the necklace strangling the princess.