Act 1, Chapter 10

Start from the beginning

The round got more and more intense as it went on, but Hawk did a double kick catching Robby off guard, pinned him to the ground and planted his foot into his chest. Hawk won and now it is all up to me to ensure Cobra Kai's victory.

While everyone else was gutted, i felt like i was gonna have a full blown panic attack. My chest was moving like 100mph and my breathing got heavy so i ran out off there and into the locker room.

I was pacing up and down the locker room overthinking everything.

What if i don't win? What if Sam beats me which is most likely to happen?! She has been at this longer than me. I'm only 14! She's 17! I don't think i can do this!

I snapped out off my train of thought when someone walked into the locker room. But to my surprise, it wasn't Kenny.

It was Anthony!

"Anthony, what are you doing here? Why aren't you with your mom?"

"I saw you run in here and, this is gonna sound weird, but i was worried about you."

"Why would you be worried about me? You hate me!
You have bullied me since i came to West Valley!" I said as we both sat down.

"But that's the thing! I have never hated you. In fact, i really liked you but was too chicken to say it."

Wait, back up a second! Anthony LaRusso liked me?!

My eyes widened as he said this. Then he continued "But that's besides the point. The point is that i actually really care about you, Olivia, even if i have a weird way of showing it, so could you please tell me what's wrong?"

I told him everything. I don't know why i did, but i did. About how if i don't win, everyone at Cobra Kai will hate me, Cobra Kai might get shut down and how there is a 99% chance of that happening because his sister has been at this karate thing longer than me.

"Hey, don't worry about it. You just do what you need to do. Even if you don't win, it won't really matter. Just fight to make sure your happy."

I smiled and said "Thanks Anthony. I gotta go. See you later" Then left.

*Later*

I was stretching before the match when i got the shock of a lifetime.

Piper ran up to me and said "Olivia, i just heard Anthony tell Sam everything you apparently told him about the dojo and everything and now Sam might use that against you!"

"Wait what?!" i screamed.

Wait, so you mean to tell me that everything about liking me was fake just to help your sister?! Oh this little bitch. Now, i gonna win this thing and let this be a warning not to mess with me again.

"Thanks for that, Piper. Now, that was what i need to win this thing!"

"What a better way to cap of this exciting exhibition of karate than with a final match for the ages? Representing Cobra Kai, the Queen Cobra herself, Olivia Dixon! Coached by her senseis John Kresse and Terry Silver." I smirked at the nickname the host gave me.

'Queen Cobra' Now that's gonna stick.

"And representing Miyagi-Do Karate, the Bonsai Badass, Samantha LaRusso! Coached by her father and sensei, 2-time All Valley Champion Daniel LaRusso, who I've just been informed will be joined by also a 2-time Champion Sensei Johnny Lawrence!"

Jesus, how many times are they gonna team up again?!

I rolled my eyes as i turned to face my senseis.
"Don't worry about them. You've been fighting all your life. Now it's time for all that struggle to pay off. Use that fire inside you." Kresse said and that last bit was really encouraging.