Loving and Fighting, Accusing, Denying

It is a cold and rainy day when the King and Queen of the kingdom of Kiri, Alador and Oza welcome their twins Kotoko and Chojuro into the world: with their daughter KotokoKot being the first one welcomed to the world she is the primary heir to the throne. It is a week later when the twins are formally introduced to the world. Alador and Oza love their twins and give them the best life they can. It is at their welcoming party that their friends and fellow Royals, Rasa and Karura, from the kingdom of Suna approached them with a grand idea: they should unite their kingdoms and they will do so by betrothing Kotoko and their eldest son, Kankuro. He is only five months older than Kotoko. They decided that it will be the summer of the year Kankuro, Kotoko, and Chojuro, turn four that they will start traveling to the other's kingdoms to get the too more acquainted until their seventeenth or eighteenth year, depending how things go.

That night, as everyone leaves to depart back to their homes the two sets of royals are happy with their decision. As Alador and Oza lay their twins to bed, they go back into their room. Oza looks at her husband, her medium-dark rose-gold eyes on his black ones. "Are you sure about this?" She inquires, placing her natural wavy-curly light blue-grey hair into a bun. There have been rumors within the castle walls of a betrayal, of someone or someones wanting to cause great harm to the King and Queen or to their twins.

"I am sure." Alador confirms as he changes into knight attire of dark-blue almost black long shirt, a deep blue vest with a hint of grey, baggy pants that match the shirt in color. He ties his long hair up before pulling on a mask that covers all but his face, even down to his neck.

Oza walks over to her husband, one hand over his heart the other on his cheek. She gives him a brief kiss. "Be careful." She tells him. With that she goes over to their bed dimming the lights as Alador leaves the room. Both know that neither will get sleep tonight, not with Alador as an undercover guard, Oza with worry for her two newborn children for her husband that she hopes does not leave her or their children for the other side that night.

Outside, Alador joins his and Oza's trusted advisors/guards Mei and Ao. They are the only two aware of Alador's plan in the slim hope that they are able to capture the traitor tonight and not have to worry about Kotoko and Chojuro being attempted targets again. The hours pass, Alador remains in the corridor that holds his children's room though he does not linger around the room to stir any commotion. Alador takes a moment to walk the grounds to clear his head. He wonders if the rumors they heard could just be that. Who would be foolish enough to attempt anything on a King or Queen? Would attempt anything on new borns? Alador stops just below his and Oza's quarters, the light casting a low cozy glow. He sees Oza passing the floor, arms crossed as her hands clutching her biceps. He yearns to go to, to comfort her, to forget that they have remained ignorant about the attack so he is sure that Oza will get a good nights rest.

It is a fool's dream. Alador would not be the king he is without such intel. He wants to keep his children safe, perhaps he can talk to Oza about keeping the children in their room until they are two, then give them their own rooms close to theirs in case any attempt like this happens again. Sparing Oza one last glance Alador goes back inside in craving that this is all just big nightmare.

Enter the hall that homes his children, Alador sees the door open, he runs inside fearing the worst, that the perpetrator/s have gotten to Kotoko and Chojuro missing or worse dead. He wishes for Oza to be in the room, his fear squashed about what is happening.

"Sire!" Alador hears Mei and Ao. The three of them enter the room, Kotoko and Chojuro still in their cribs. He lets a small breath, chest heavy as he makes his way over, finally letting himself relax more as he feels their pulses. He turns to the advisors. "What happened here?"