looking through his imessage, he seen the basketball groupchat texting back and forth about practice @12. since the incident between kayden and kj, some of the team had been acting different towards kayden lately.

he really didn't give a fuck, he had all the offers he wanted, so he really didn't need them niggas at all. the only person he really fucked with anyways was dj. shaking his head, he grabbed his phone and called kaizen.

"hello?" kaizen mumbled groggily.

"got practice at 12, think you can drop me off?" kayden asked as he wiped his mouth.

"uhh, shit. yea, i gotchu'. let me know when to be onna way." kaizen spoke.

"ight, i love you. see you later."

"i love you too, du'." kaizen mumbled, hanging up the phone. kayden put his phone in his pocket and make his way out of the room. he walked downstairs to see yamari climbing onto the kitchen counter to reach the seasonings on top of the cabinet.

"baby, get down so i can help you. ion wantchu' fallin'." kayden said, walking up behind him and picking him up off the counter. he sat yamari down, then reaching up to grab what he was reaching for.

"thank you!"

"can i get a thank you kiss?" kayden smiled as yamari looked him like he was crazy before shaking his head . he then stood on his tippytoes and gave kayden a kiss on his lips.

"one mo'." kayden mumbled, bring his hands down to grip yamari's waist.

"nope, i gotta cook, and you have somewhere to be." yamari shook his head at him.

"i really don't even wanna go." kayden sighed, as he pulled himself on top of the counter.

"why not?"

"cause, they bitch asses be pickin' sides n' shit. they think cause me and kaizen beat kj nem' ass, we not the victims no more." kayden explained to yamari while he watched the younger crack some eggs into a bowl.

"okay, so what? fuck them." yamari shrugged.

"language..." kayden mumbled. their conversation was interrupted by someone entering the door, kayden hoping it was yamari's father. he really didn't feel like hearing his mom's mouth after the way she made her own son cry.

but, to his dismay. it was her. yamari look over at here, his mood changing immediately as they made eye contact. kayden looked between the two, wondering what was going to happen next.

"fucking disgusting.. you need to stay away from my son. he wasn't like this until he met you." mrs jackson pointed at kayden who looked at her with a bored expression on his face.

he was so sick of this bitch. he was waiting on the green light from yamari to cuss the bitch out.

"mom, stop.." yamari sighed.

"if yamari want me to leave, then i'll go." kayden told the women in a calm tone.

"yamari, tell him to—" she was interrupted by yamari.

"no, mom, he's not leaving. i don't want him to go." yamari said, causing his mothers mouth to drop. kayden smiled and that made her even madder.

"are you serious? this fucking thug and his druggie ass brother are going to ruin your life!" she yelled.

"don't talk about them like that, they have nothing to do with this. ma, why can't you just accept me? what makes it so hard?" yamari questioned her.