Prologue

In a quiet and cozy village, hidden among mist-covered forests, lived Marilyn, known in the village as Mary. She was a young girl with long chestnut hair and eyes the color of the blue sea. Her beauty was so overwhelming that men couldn't resist her charm, and women felt a mix of admiration and jealousy.

Marilyn was renowned in the village for her unusual gift of divination through mirrors. People turned to her, sincerely believing that she could glimpse into the future and help them unravel the secrets of their spouses. She performed her rituals with such genuine devotion that everyone around considered her a witch, possessing dark powers.

However, Marilyn had no evil intentions. She helped people, wanting only to bring them comfort and hope. But over time, jealousy and envy crept into the hearts of the village women. They believed that Marilyn deliberately seduced their husbands to steal their hearts and destroy their family bonds.

Rumors and suspicions spread like poisonous mold, infiltrating every corner of the village. In the eyes of the female villagers, Marilyn transformed into a cunning seductress, ready to break marital ties and penetrate the hearts of every one of their husbands.

By secret agreement, the women devised a malicious plan that would justify their cruel act. They orchestrated a scenario in which their own children played a key role. Under the influence and instigation of their mothers, the children hid, only to later accuse Marilyn of abduction and attempted use in a devilish ritual to preserve her beauty and eternal youth.

One day, shortly after Sunday service, the entire village was summoned to a trial where the testimonies of the children, coached by their mothers, would be carefully heard. Without a doubt, these testimonies were believed because, according to the villagers' conviction, children cannot lie. The court accused Marilyn, declaring her a true witch who posed a threat to the entire village.

Gathering their strength, the villagers, both men and women, driven by a sinister desire for revenge against the "witch," bound Marilyn and led her to a blazing pyre where the body of the young but despised girl, due to her beauty, was destined to turn into ashes forever in the shroud of night's darkness.

That night, darkness engulfed the village like a hungry beast awaiting its prey. The night became a silent witness to cruelty and betrayal, while the flames of the pyre soared high like the banner of vengeance and anger.

Marilyn, tied to a stake, looked at the people surrounding her, at the faces marked by greed and cruelty. The very same people she once showed glimpses of the future, at their own request, were now willing to end her life without any remorse.

As the first fiery tongues enveloped her feet, Marilyn took a deep breath—a breath of despair and unfathomable indignation. She couldn't understand how such an innocent existence could become a victim of such hatred and cruelty.

Her eyes met the gaze of a little girl, one of the children influenced by the women. In that gaze, there was neither fear nor remorse.

These people, to whom she once revealed the veil of the future, now stood before her with rage and hatred, seeking to destroy not only her physical existence but also everything she stood for—love, hope, and faith. They were ready to sever the thread that connected them to other dimensions and trample it on their path to self-abandonment and darkness.

Marilyn felt their malice and betrayal like a piercing sword, and all her endeavors for the good of people now seemed to dissipate like smoke in the darkness.

Consumed mercilessly by the flames and her own bitterness and resentment, Marilyn vowed to seek revenge against each one of them, so they could experience a fate worse than what they had planned for her.

In her final moment, as the flames bared her soul, she whispered a curse. In that moment, her voice sounded grim and ominous.

"He who dares to pronounce my name in front of a mirror will have to seek peace all his life, and will find only endless darkness. Their life will become a torment. Let fear be their faithful companion, and my curse become a pitiless shadow ghost that haunts them into the abysses of their own soul!"

Marilyn's words vanished into the night, taking with them the hope of peace for the inhabitants of this small village. Mirrors became a source of fear, and her name became a curse on the lips of the desperate.

 Mirrors became a source of fear, and her name became a curse on the lips of the desperate