CAN I?

"Come on, show me?" His voice taunted playfully through the darkness

"Come on, show me?" His voice taunted playfully through the darkness. That sweet tone tinged with mischief would always get him what he wanted.

"No." She teased back. Though the tinkling in her laugh, as she delighted in their banter, told him she was debating.

"You know you want to."

"I do not." She did... she absolutely did, but he didn't need to know that. And if she could keep him in her company a little longer, she'd show him anything.

"Oh yeah, you do." The voices played with each other behind a closed door. They had both decided what they wanted but were still deciding on how to get it. "Has anyone seen it before?" He pried hoping to get more information, grinding down the edges of her polished exterior.

"That's not your business." She huffed playfully, saying maybe with her smile.

"I won't tell anyone." His tempting tone never wavered as he purred.

"You ain't gonna tell anyone 'cause, I ain't gonna show you." She had to steady her hand, so ready to give him everything instantly. They had never occupied the same space for more than ten minutes. Usually pulled away from him almost as instantly as he appeared at her classroom door. But he had been here in her house for almost an hour, and he seemed in no rush to leave. Being the only one on the receiving end of all his charm and charisma was exhilarating, that sly smile as he would lean into her, instantly caused her to begin to stumble over her thoughts and her words.

'Yeah, you will. It'll be our secret, I promise." The depth in his voice made her melt.

"Oh, just like when you promised not to laugh about my keys?" His past transgression was on full display, but she was thankful for every decision that had been made since those keys disappeared.

"Hey, you can't hold that against me."

"I'll hold something." She mumbled barely over their breathing.

"What?" Her words were so hard to make out sometimes as she shied away from him.

"Nothing." She corrected, hoping he hadn't heard, her quick wit slipping from her lips before she had time to think of the repercussions. "You're irritating, you know that?" Trying so hard to hide behind her lie.

"I've been told... but come on. Show me." Prince's words slowed as his fingers lightly tapped over the grip of her hand. Each beat of a finger matched perfectly to the words as they smoothly left him, creating a rhythm she got lost in.

"Is that gonna shut you up?" Trying to feign annoyance, but he saw right through it. Her smile widened as she looked to him, dark eyes glinting with just as much eagerness as his.

"We'll see."

"Fine, but you better not say anything." She watched as he quietly shook his head, trying to convince her that he was going to keep his word. She didn't believe him, still couldn't help but relent, wanting nothing more than to impress him with whatever she could.