Chapter 46: Gathering witnesses

Start from the beginning

Kate attempted to shock Bella, but was thrown back as the newest vampire failed to even flinched, instead just gripping her arm and tossing her away.

Kate and Tanya stood from the ground and raced towards them again, but they stopped as an angry Seraphina stood in front of them.

"Don't!" She snapped at them, as her eyes glowed orange.

"Enough!" Edward announced causing everyone to freeze "She has blood in her veins! You can feel her warmth."

"I can feel it." Carmen agreed.

"I'm her biological father." Edward informed "Bella is her mother."

"Impossible!" Kate denied.

"It's true." Bella cut in "She was born while I was still human."

"I've never heard of such a thing?" Eleazar admitted as he stared at the child.

"She can show you, if you let her." Seraphina announced before gesturing Jacob to bring Renesmee up.

She looked back towards the hesitant clan and sighed.

"Aunt Tanya."

The blonde looked towards her, while Seraphina spoke.

"You owe us this much. We're all under a death sentence cause your sister didn't let anyone explain."

Tanya looked towards her family and after multiple nods of encouragement, she agreed and allowed Renesmee to place her hand on her cheek.

Her eyes were wide as pictures raced through her thoughts, things she's never seen and never would've believed until now.

"It's true." she breathed, her head snapping to look at her family "She's not immortal."

The rest all sighed in relief before stepping forward to greet the unique child.

The rest of their family around the world would face the same fear, the fear of the unknown, the fear of The Volturi... But soon they'd all understand...

Seraphina knew the rest of their family would face this fear as well.

The fear of the unknown.

The fear of the Volturi.

In Egypt Carlisle, Esme, Bree and Seth were talking to a friend of theirs hoping they will join them

"Amun please."

"I can't help you Carlisle." He said turning to them.

"I wouldn't ask you if it weren't urgent." Carlisle told him.

"You must go." Amun told him his mate by his side.

Suddenly the pond of water near them rises up and creates a wall blocking the exit.