The Sorrowful Days || Part One||

Start from the beginning

≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛

Kristine's POV:

I heard the birds chirping outside along with the shouts of the salesmen trying to sell their goods, babies crying and random screaming. It was way too early, probably around 5:00 AM but I had no other choice so I got out of my bed. 

The bed was small, as hard as a rock and covered in dirt but it was much better than sleeping on the floor. When I got up I stretched my hands up to the ceiling, which was covered in spider webs. This place is so bad even rats don't come here anymore.. I thought while walking towards the bathroom, bumping into the door on my way just as every other time. 

"Auch, shit!" I muttered before entering our bathroom. It wasn't one of the cleanest or best smelling places, actually far from it. But at least we have running water that we collect from rains. 

I walked up to the leaking sink and the broken mirror, in the reflection I saw my hair, looking as if it had been struck by a thunder. 

"Amazing, what a nice way to start the morning!" I said sarcastically while rolling the hell out of my eyes. 

I walked towards the shower and turned it on, letting my hair get soaked by the rainwater, then I grabbed the old comb that sits by the sink and started combing the ends of my hair with it, slowly making my way upwards with lots of screaming and cursing, which I probably shouldn't know for my age. 

In a while I managed to comb through my hair, which resulted in an absurd amount of hair to leave my head. 

"If I had straight hair I would have turned bald by now. " I said to no one in particular while putting one of Y/n's potions on my hair, she said that it acts like a shampoo but is made from herbs and water instead. 

It's not like we can really afford real shampoo, so this was our best take. I closed my eyes and started humming while massaging my scalp with the shampoo. 

Well.. ever since I started using her potions my hair has gotten much healthier, curlier and it has grown a little, maybe her stinky shampoo isn't that bad after all.

After rinsing my hair I moved onto my body which was already wet. I just grabbed the bar of soap Y/n made and scrubbed it all over, then I shaved with the old razor. 

"Finally done." I proudly said before my face dropped to a horrified look as the realization hit me: the worst thing that somehow always has to happen, I had forgotten the damn towel! 

"Ugh, why is it always me?" I say on my way to the bedroom. Quickly grabbing the towel and some clothes, I returned back to the bathroom where I dried myself and put my clothes on.

After an hour or so I finally managed to style my hair, let it fall in it's natural shapes and properly clean myself. I let out a sigh as I went back to our bedroom, where I saw Y/n still sleeping in her bed.

 She snores so much and so loudly, but it isn't a problem for me. I honestly don't mind her staying in my place at all, she made things less lonelier.