PROLOGUE

THROUGH YOUR VEINS

──────────

Prologue 

"Endure it, Subject Twelve."

— Was all I heard through the hazy smoke engulfing my vision. I felt weak and restrained on this table that he always used to test something on me.

I tried to open my mouth to speak, to ask him to stop, but nothing came out except for pained, gut-wrenching noises as I felt the liquids running through my veins. It was a sensation I had grown accustomed to, but the fear and uncertainty never faded.

I only saw a glimpse of his smirk from under the mask that engraves like a doctor's plague mask. Once, neither I have seen his face, nor his looks.

I caught a glimpse of his twisted smirk from under the mask that covered his face, the same mask he always wore during these experiments. He was a mystery to me, a man with no name or identity.

But one thing was for sure: I was his prisoner, his guinea pig, and there was nothing I could do about it except endure it. Every time he subjects me to these experiments, a part of me dies inside. The pain, the fear, the uncertainty— they all took their toll on me.

But despite it all, I refused to give up. I clung to the hope that one day, I would escape from this nightmare and be free once again. Until then, I would endure it, no matter how much it hurt.

I lay there, feeling extremely weak. A void contrasted with my eyes. I couldn't even move a single limb, especially with how my body jolted and quivers from the aftershocks of his experiments.

As the smoke cleared, I saw him standing over me, his twisted smirk still in place. He removed his mask, revealing a face I had never seen before. It was a face that would haunt my dreams for the rest of my life.

"Congratulations, Subject Twelve," he said, his voice dripping with malice. "You've just broken the record for endurance, but don't worry, we're not done yet."

The fear returned, and I closed my eyes, bracing myself for what was to come next.

And so the endless cycle of pain and suffering continued, with no end in sight.

My tired, half-lidded eyes look over to the syringe in his hand that he just flickered. As he was inching the needle near to me, I used all my left strength to swat the syringe with my hand.

The syringe fell to the ground from his hand as he was caught off guard. The glass cracked from the object, causing the liquids to seep out.

I saw how his eyes turned sharp, and his chest tightened. His eye twitches in anger, making him force out a chuckle from his throat.

"My... my," he mutters, chuckling with full of evil intents laced in his voice.

As if at the speed of light, he grabs my jaw tightly, making me gasp as he leaned down and pulled my face close to his.

I can sense his fit of anger with his heavy breaths. He clicked his tongue.

"I'm not quite so sure that a mortal like you should behave like that. Your behavior equals your capability, yeah? Are you capable of taking extreme measures for the consequences you'd possibly face? I believe not, especially with that frail state of yours." He says with pure malice between his gritted teeth underneath the mask.

He stares at me momentarily with those eyes contrasted into the void, just like how I was slowly turning to. Furthermore, he suddenly lets go of my jaw, making my head fall onto the metal table, causing throbbing pain in my head.

His words echo in my mind, resonating with a chilling truth. The realization that I'm merely an object of his twisted experiment shatters any remnants of hope that have lingered within me.

I just lay there on the table with tear-filled, tired, and half-lidded eyes. He looked back at me over his shoulder before he walked away, and I heard his words before I completely passed out.

Those words pierced my heart like how his needles pierced my skin.

"I am whom you shall bow and serve. You're just a product of my experiment... My failed experiment."