"You know how vampires usually dissolve most of their internal organs once they change? Well, his body might be trying to do that, but his werewolf half is still in need of those things, so it's trying to preserve them. That could be causing strain on his heart and his temperature to drop." 

Silence took over as Vrasje considered his words, giving Marquise a chance to drink more and calm himself down without having to try and focus on anything else. His breathing was becoming steady again and his body was now warm. It was a huge relief. 

He finally retracted his fangs once he was comfortable, then leaned back a little so that he could look up at Vrasje, then over to Taru, who was kneeling on the bed beside them. 

"Hey sweetheart, how do you feel?" he asked as he reached over to press a cloth to either side of his mouth, then chin, removing the bit of mess he'd made from his meal. 

Marquise waited until he was done tending to him before he licked his lips and replied in a rasp. 

"Better. Sorry to have worried you." 

Taru gave him a relieved smile and reached over with his free hand to pat his messy hair. 

"Are you still up to coming downstairs for the event? We can postpone it if not," he said, making Marquise frown. 

He didn't like events in general, but it was obvious that Taru had been looking forward to showing off his new heir. 

"I think I'll be okay. You guys will be there, so if I need any help, I can just come to one of you." 

Taru's smile widened a little and he nodded. 

"Absolutely, we will both be available the entire time if you need anything at all. I'm going to head back down now to help Kova and master's servants finish setting everything up. Stay with Vrasje and warm up a little more, then come down when you're ready, okay?" Taru said as he pressed a hand to Marquise's cheek, then leaned away and slid off the bed. 

The moment he was gone Marquise wished that he would come back. He was still a little shell-shocked from what had just happened, but he knew that he shouldn't bother his master more than necessary when he was clearly busy. 

Turning his attention slowly back to Vrasje, Marquise met the elder vampire's eyes. 

Ah, they're glowing? 

Looking down for a moment, Marquise suddenly realized two things. One, he was a terribly messy eater. And two, Vrasje had just helped him by warming up his body... and not just his body, but he'd also warmed his own blood and fed it to him to help him recover from whatever had just happened. 

"Um..." 

Marquise realized that he was fiddling with the fabric of the man's shirt and quickly moved his hands to press against his chest, instead. Then he felt his face heat as he moved his hands upward to his shoulders, because that was a safer location. Err, was it really, though? 

He was just about to try and wiggle his way out of Vrasje'slap, and arms, when he felt Garlic stirring within his mind. 

Oh no... please behave!

Marquise quickly hunched down and pressed his forehead to Vrasje's chest, trying to focus on keeping his little wolf from taking control again. 

"Garlic, love? Please be good for right now," Vrasje said as Marquise felt the man place his hand gently atop his messy hair. 

"Marquise has something very important to do tonight. If you behave, I'm sure he'll let you out once things have finished up later, right Marra?" 

This pup is exhausting...