4 - #IDreamOfGenie

Start from the beginning

Honestly? It reminds me of a pineapple.

I know!

It's soooo me!

I'm the ultimate Pineapple Smoothie! LOL

Paris had been the one who chose the smoothie nicknames for the members of our band. While I was Gingerbread Smoothie—spicy and warm (or at least I used to be)—Paris was Pineapple Smoothie—cheerful and bright (as in she was always spotted wearing bold colors).

It was nice to see she hadn't changed a bit. Well, except for her hair color, of course.

It's my favorite hair color so far!

My followers said it's my best one yet, and I totally agree with them.

Her followers? Curiosity drove me to check her profile page. My eyes went wide when I saw that Paris had 1.2 million followers.

Although Paris was one of the sweetest people I'd met, she'd struggled to make friends throughout her school years because of her quirky sense of fashion and her ethnicity. It was nice to see the people on TweetyGram appreciate her.

I guess TweetyGram isn't so bad, huh?

Well, I think it suits you.

Thanks!

So, what are you up to these days? Are you in school? Or are you working? Are you married? Engaged?

Tell me EVERYTHING.

I just got my bachelor's degree last month, and now I'm working as an intern at the L.A. Gazette.

And no, I'm not married.

Or engaged.

Or dating anyone. But I kept that information to myself.

OMG. You're a paparazza?

I rolled my eyes and scooted back against the headboard. Why does everyone keep asking me that?

No, I'm a crime journalist.

Oh.

COOL.

Well, I got my bachelor's degree in jewelry design last year, and I'm currently pursuing my master's degree in art history!

In Paris.

France.

Of course.

LOL

A sinister feeling slithered through my veins as I read the texts from Paris.

Although I'd gotten a partial scholarship to attend college, I'd had to work five part-time jobs to pay the rest of my tuition. Throughout my college years, I barely got any time to sleep—or socialize, for that matter. When I finally got my bachelor's degree, the professors at my school offered to write letters of recommendation for me to apply to grad school. But I had to decline their kind offer because I wanted to help Bree with our finances, and I could only do that by jumping straight into work.

I had to give up attending grad school even though I graduated summa cum laude. Yet Paris, who would've flunked all of her classes—except art—if I hadn't tutored her, could follow her dreams and easily pursue higher and higher levels of education.

All because her parents could afford it.

The sinister feeling morphed into serpents at the comparison, leaving a trail of venom in their wake. Then, my doppelganger stepped out of the dark with a creepy grin on her face—her hair had turned green.